PDA

View Full Version : Opinions wanted, yes yours!

OneEyedPimp
09-01-2005, 11:13 PM
Ok, so I am thinking of a new gun. I am really leaning towards a phantom, but I am not totally there yet. I was wondering if anyone had a suggestion for a gun in that price range that would allow me to be able to majorly tinker with it and get it just right. I would prefer to stay away from autocockers, as they tremble at my name. I would consider an automag, but I was wondering what others had to say.

Jaan
09-01-2005, 11:32 PM
Personally, it didn't take me long to get my 'Mag to shoot good and then there just wasn't much else to do to it ... so I got a 'Cocker myself to tinker with. I can't think of a more reliable semi auto than a 'Mag and anything more upgradable than a 'Cocker.

Death of Rats
09-02-2005, 12:22 PM
It matters your playing style. If you don't mind a pump then I would certainly say a phantom. It is a good gun all around and you can completly field strip it in your lap. I just now purchased a mag and my first air up is going to be this weekend. Just from what I have read and heard from other people (I research a lot) you can't really go wrong with one if your looking for a mech. Also big plus if you get one with a ule body you have cocker threads for the barrel. Yay.

OneEyedPimp
09-02-2005, 03:21 PM
It matters your playing style. If you don't mind a pump then I would certainly say a phantom. It is a good gun all around and you can completly field strip it in your lap. I just now purchased a mag and my first air up is going to be this weekend. Just from what I have read and heard from other people (I research a lot) you can't really go wrong with one if your looking for a mech. Also big plus if you get one with a ule body you have cocker threads for the barrel. Yay.

I was actually thinking of a PGP.

JoshK
09-02-2005, 03:38 PM
Just a little one? Those are pretty nice I have to say. My friend got one cheap off a friend a while ago and it was pretty dirty. It just needed a little of my tlc and it was running pretty nicely. Shoots decent, has a good feel(heavier than some of the new guns out there :p), and was ok on co2 (but I don't have much experiance with other pumps) .

Phantom_Mag
09-03-2005, 09:04 AM
Delta .68 On sale well just cheaper here.....
http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/EasyAskSearch-Start;sid=5GmZUisxpAeZdGgoSc9Z-iGX2lrGWsaKElQ=?searchType=USERSEARCH&searchTerm=delta+68

or Mad Medics has an overlord that i think is still for sale, both nice pistols...
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=182185&highlight=overlord

Hope it helps,
Mike

Crazy
09-04-2005, 03:36 PM
if your lookin for stock class maybe a sniper2?

OneEyedPimp
09-04-2005, 03:39 PM
if your lookin for stock class maybe a sniper2?

I was thinking of it. I just want a gun that is a stocker, and allows me to tinker with it quite a bit, that is why I was thinking of the PGP.

JoshK
09-04-2005, 03:41 PM
I was thinking of it. I just want a gun that is a stocker, and allows me to tinker with it quite a bit, that is why I was thinking of the PGP.

Then you are most definaly wanting a sniper II. Autocockers are the most tinkerable guns in the world. Although a bit of that tinkering is lost without pnuematics...

warbeak2099
09-04-2005, 03:44 PM
Still, he could upgrade the hammer, springs, valve, bolt, reg, trigger frame, barrel, backblock, pump arm, pump handle, etc. He could also make it pneumatic assist. Now that'd be kickin.

JoshK
09-04-2005, 03:53 PM
Granted...I was just pointing out that obviously some of the tinkering possibilities left with the pnuematics.

Death of Rats
09-06-2005, 01:29 PM
I have the equivalant of a sniper. It's a dye cocker with a ccm pump kit as well as having a ccm series 5. Both are very nice but they just feel like to much gun. Personally the feel of a phantom just makes a game go so much better. Not to mention much less weight. With the pgp I only played with one once and that was about 6 years ago I think. The gun just didn't have the same accuracy or velocity be it from lack of a long enough barrel ,inconsistant spring, or incosistant paint I can't really say. So from my personal experience I would say the phantom.