PDA

View Full Version : What is the best combo ?

PYROGESTATE
09-02-2005, 06:53 PM
Heya Guys, just wondering what are the best combos for 280 fps, and of course for 300 fps. Right now i'm running the x-valve with level 10 on a classic mag. I'm using one line on the o-ring carrier with two shims for the level 10 with the red bolt spring and get great results for 300 fps but when i turn the velocity down to shoot 280 fps the gun will not fire' so i went to the next carrier up (for less friction) which i believe is 1 line and one dot also with the red bolt spring but i get a little bit of a leak and the odd time the gun will not fire. im not sure if this is because its breaking in, or do you think i should try i different combo.

Thx, PYRO!!!
:cheers:

spsantos
09-02-2005, 10:12 PM
Heya Guys, just wondering what are the best combos for 280 fps, and of course for 300 fps. Right now i'm running the x-valve with level 10 on a classic mag. I'm using one line on the o-ring carrier with two shims for the level 10 with the red bolt spring and get great results for 300 fps but when i turn the velocity down to shoot 280 fps the gun will not fire' so i went to the next carrier up (for less friction) which i believe is 1 line and one dot also with the red bolt spring but i get a little bit of a leak and the odd time the gun will not fire. im not sure if this is because its breaking in, or do you think i should try i different combo.

Thx, PYRO!!!
:cheers:

Usually, when the lvl10 is setup nicely(I believe yours is), if you want to go to lower speeds, just changing the spring(and accordingly unscrewing the regulator knob on the valve) should suffit, sometimes you may need to remove or add lvl10 shims to the powertube, since a weaker spring for example, can't push the bolt enough to seal it at the bottom, BUT this is only needed if after you change the spring venting through the barrel starts happening.

Unfortunately, this is not linear, every mag is different from another. Hundrends of an inch make friction between o-rings and the steel/aluminium parts more loose or more fit, affecting the overall minimum pressure needed to operate the different parts of the valve/bolt.

This creates different behaviors for every MAG. For example, my MAG with the lvl10 "properly" setup with the red spring starts to shoot above ~250 bps, but this is due to several factors, like friction withing the lvl10. So no one here will be able to tell you exactly what the combination is the ideal, we can tell what are the principles of finding that combination.

Regardless of all this, trust me when I say that if a properly tuned (not easy but very well do-able) MAG *CAN* outmatch any marker on the market(25bps and +). It just has many little parts that need to be very well tuned.