PDA

View Full Version : I think we need a new "Projects" forum

ben_JD
12-04-2001, 11:31 PM
AGD is having us look at a number of things and this may continue in the future. In that vein, I think there may be a good use for a "Projects" forum. I know keeping the number of forums in check is a priority, but even with the recent addition of the Dealer's forum, it may be a valid option.

Miscue
12-04-2001, 11:39 PM
You don't mean something like this do you? :

http://www.automags.org/resource/tech/prototype/index.shtml

FooTemps
12-05-2001, 12:02 AM
I think we should have a development & ideas forum instead. Kinda like the old deep blue, select forum members can submit ideas and prototypes of something they made or just thought up. It would be kinda nice see if there are good ideas people come up with.

It kinda can build off from there. The idea is imagined. The basic sketch it made. The blueprints are created. Then the idea is brought to life from newly made parts, custom parts, or old parts. Everyone in the forums could help out by submitting parts, services, criticism(no flames), improvements, etc.

ben_JD
12-05-2001, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by Miscue
You don't mean something like this do you? :

http://www.automags.org/resource/tech/prototype/index.shtml
No, I mean a forum. Your link seems to go to a web-page for information, not for reporting back to the company on issues with prototype and new equipment.

FooTemps
12-05-2001, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by ben_JD

No, I mean a forum. Your link seems to go to a web-page for information, not for reporting back to the company on issues with prototype and new equipment.

But if there is a website for us to look at why bother with another forum?

lazyrider77
12-05-2001, 11:43 AM
i think ben_JD is right, the project forum would eb a good idea because it would a creative space, where new projects and ideas could evolve and everyone could contribute. I don't liek the idea that "a select" few people could contribute. Why not open it up to everone? Why not allow anyoen to post a new project or idea and get feedback?