PDA

View Full Version : What's the most common post??

Aslan
09-05-2005, 12:38 AM
Since I've started to read the same threads over and over again, I just thought I'd do a meainingless poll about it:

master_alexander
09-05-2005, 12:53 AM
i think that it is "my cool new marker" that wins... everyone likes to show off (including me) about their new toy. then again the one about paintball is changeing is big too... but yea.

RingOfScale
09-05-2005, 12:55 AM
it is definately either

"lets ***** about how paintball is getting killed by people who swear and dont play by the rules and its ruining the old game and i dont like it and i want to go hide in the woods some more"

-or-

"zOmg i'm so sad no one uses mags anymore and they are t3h best gunz in t3h world fo sho !!!! why dont peeps see that ?!?!?"

-rIng

xsiegex
09-05-2005, 12:57 AM
Word.

edweird
09-05-2005, 01:17 AM
dont rule out the ever present questions about the hAir / pneuframe that could easily be eliminated by the use of the search button.

master_alexander
09-05-2005, 01:22 AM
dont rule out the ever present questions about the hAir / pneuframe that could easily be eliminated by the use of the search button.

the search button? whats that? i didnt know we had one!

lol jk

FooTemps
09-05-2005, 05:37 AM
The most common posts are useless ones :)

JoshK
09-05-2005, 10:16 AM
it is definately either

"lets ***** about how paintball is getting killed by people who swear and dont play by the rules and its ruining the old game and i dont like it and i want to go hide in the woods some more"

-or-

"zOmg i'm so sad no one uses mags anymore and they are t3h best gunz in t3h world fo sho !!!! why dont peeps see that ?!?!?"

-rIng

Ditto

Aslan
09-05-2005, 03:57 PM
it is definately either

-or-

-rIng

That's actually two seperate issues. One being the lack of class of current paintball players...which I have attributed to the fact that teams are made up of 9-13 year olds and there are no really good coaches out there preaching sportsmanship. Most of the coaches are older PB players, pb shop owners/workers etc... rather than mentors or parents.

The second issue is the "I want to go back in the woods" issue which is the new debate of X-Ball vs. Woodsball...or Tourney Ball vs. Rec Ball. I prefer woodsball over X-Ball...there are many aspects of X-Ball/Speedball that I don't like and I think negatively affect the game of paintball. But that being said...I've come to realize that the two are very differnet games...almost completely different sports that happen to both use paintball markers...so they can definitely co-exist.

cdacda13
09-05-2005, 04:03 PM
The paintball is dying ones are annoying.
As are the AGD=Dead ones.

ClassicMagger
09-05-2005, 06:21 PM
Most common POST HAS to be: Up. or some variation of it.

Thread on the other hand, I dunno, you could always use the search button out of your choices and see. Course that would eliminate another useless thread.

Jeffy-CanCon
09-05-2005, 09:34 PM
That's actually two seperate issues. One being the lack of class of current paintball players...which I have attributed to the fact that teams are made up of 9-13 year olds and there are no really good coaches out there preaching sportsmanship. Most of the coaches are older PB players, pb shop owners/workers etc... rather than mentors or parents.

I think you are whistling in the wind on that one. In ANY sport, sportsmanship is only ever stressed by coaches at the recreational level, where nothing is on the line (and not always then). Organized paintball is pretty well never played just for fun. Most teams pay real money to play in tournaments for the chance to win real prizes, not just your name on a trophy. If the Win is important, some people will cheat, even if there is nothing on the line but pride. I've seen grown men cheat to win 3rd place in bottom-tier rec-league sports. Cheating in paintball (rec or tourney) will never go away, whether or not there were "good" coaches. We just have to accept it. And choose whether or not to cheat ourselves, for whatever reasons we feel are important.

Aslan
09-07-2005, 12:06 AM
I think you are whistling in the wind on that one. In ANY sport, sportsmanship is only ever stressed by coaches at the recreational level, where nothing is on the line (and not always then). Organized paintball is pretty well never played just for fun. Most teams pay real money to play in tournaments for the chance to win real prizes, not just your name on a trophy. If the Win is important, some people will cheat, even if there is nothing on the line but pride. I've seen grown men cheat to win 3rd place in bottom-tier rec-league sports. Cheating in paintball (rec or tourney) will never go away, whether or not there were "good" coaches. We just have to accept it. And choose whether or not to cheat ourselves, for whatever reasons we feel are important.

I wasn't commenting so much on "cheating". People who cheat are scum...they essentially "steal" things by cheating. Ironically, they are the first ones to brag about how good they are...yet they need to cheat...which is weird. What I was commenting on was more the "behaviors". If I was playing Pop Warner football and some kid called me a name...and I responded and it became a curse fest...I would hope my coach would take me out of the game and stress that how you play the game is just as important as how well you play the game...coaches in paintball hopefully will develop that attitude over time...no matter how much "prize money" is on the line. And hopefully, more tournaments will pop up that are just for fun, or for trophies, or for bragging rights. I'd participate in a tournament with no prize $$$ before one where prize $$$ is involved...for the simple reason you mentioned...when money is on the line, people will try to steal it...it's sad.