PDA

View Full Version : Idea for warp to center feed guns.

Phil
12-05-2001, 01:50 AM
I have a friend with an atomic trigger finger. He keeps out shooting his revolution. I told him to get a warp feed. He shoots a 32* Impulse. I was thinking that if you made a connector that replaces the center feed thing. The metal peice that screws in the top of the gun that holds the hopper. I dont know what its called. Anyway, if you had a cool looking replacement that screwed in like mabe a true elbow that made a 90 degree curve (or slightly more). This would be far better than having that big plastic warp connector on the top of your center feed tube. I think this would be a big selling point for center feed gun users. I know my friend would buy one if this were the case.

Chaos
12-05-2001, 09:22 AM
well it really depends how you think about this. Keep in mind any harsh turns, i believe over 45º or so, slows down the maximum feed rate of the warp. Idealy, you'd want a feed tube (thats the name of what you speak of) to do a U turn basically, so it was facing down on 1 side of the gun, so the warp hose could go right up into it. But, think about how much of a turn the balls would have to make to do that. Plus, there wouldn't be much of a way you could look good, and especially machining something like that, it would most likely look like a bent steel pipe, which with those people that want looks, you can do much... Then you have to remember when you machine something you have to do it in batches, and its still expensive, but you have to know those things will sell (hence why no Zgrips lately have been made). Now, to machine something like that, you have to do it for almost all centerfeed guns that would except it. Angel, bushy, defiant, etc. Some have the same threads, but still, you'd need different threaded ends for the different gun's feeds. Personally I dont think this would be that bad of a thing, assuming people were interested, but I'd say give it a little more time so the warp gets more popularity. I still have yet to go to SC Village or Tombstone down here, and see someone using a warp on the tourni fields, or have someone not ask me something like 'whats that chain loader thing on your gun???"

Russ
12-05-2001, 02:51 PM
The PTP Warp feed has replacement tubes for both Angels and B2's/Timmies/Defiants. I'm not sure if they fit Impy's.