PDA

View Full Version : leaky valve fixed, next issue

emperor_lunchbox
09-05-2005, 11:31 PM
Ok, I had a leaky valve so I took apart the gun and cleaned and oiled everything. Now I have another problem, well it might be a problem. I noticed that there is alot of spray or mist coming out of the barrel when I shoot. I have a 47/3000 nitrogen tank. this is the first time in a while that this gun has been fired. I looked at all of the O-rings and they are in good shape. Basically I am wondering if this should be happening, or is there something that I can do to fix this.
Anyway sorry for the newbie questions but I am not getting any help from the forum at my local field, they are telling me to get a new gun, i.e. mags = trash.
So, yeah, any help you can offer would be great.
thanks,

- kyle

paintpiggie
09-06-2005, 05:07 AM
so, it shoots like you're running on C02?

hmm, this one's weird.
look in your barrel, see if there's any oil residue.
if you notice a lot of oil build-up,
then it could be your valve getting rid of excess oil.

emperor_lunchbox
09-06-2005, 07:18 AM
No oil in the barrel, clean as a whistle.
I took about 30 shots with out the barrel then went outside and shot abbout 50 rounds.
It seems to be OK. but I cannot recall this much gas coming from the barrel, alothough I did watch a demo video of an angel speed, G7, and shocker and they had just as much if no more mist than me.

Also, this may be a problem, on my old mag when I decided to use nitrogen the paintball shop that did my steel lines also routed the line from the ASA directly to the vlavle. The dude there said that I shouldnt run nitrogen thru a gas thru. Is this true? and could this cause excessive mist.

Also, it seems I am wasting alot of gas as well, I took about 80 - 100 shots and I went from 3000 down to about 2100. I dont think that is normal.

Anyway, thanks for the help, if there is anything else that I can try please let me know.

thanks.

emperor_lunchbox
09-06-2005, 05:02 PM
I cleaned and re-lubed everything again today, I went and filled up the nitro tank and this time I got about 200 shots on a full 47/3000 fill. What the hell is wrong with this gun. It leaks and it wastes gas. whats going on here???

p.s. Is there a walk thru on how to clean and how to lube the parts as well as what parts need to lubed and how much. I am going crazy ...