PDA

View Full Version : "Private Label" wtf?

behemoth
09-06-2005, 02:02 PM
Whats all this "Private Label" stuff, i saw it on PBN and here.

Someone used it to describe a micro emag.

I thought "Private Label" was a small company or something noones heard of. a PTP Micro-E isnt.

I'm wrong?

Explain.

Lohman446
09-06-2005, 02:13 PM
Whats all this "Private Label" stuff, i saw it on PBN and here.

Someone used it to describe a micro emag.

I thought "Private Label" was a small company or something noones heard of. a PTP Micro-E isnt.

I'm wrong?

Explain.

Private label refers to the "Private Label" shockers as a general rule - such as Octane, Dark, Shocktech etc. There private companies in this case having SP produce a special Shocker to put there name on with certain features etc generally designed by them.

The label seems to be retroactively applied to the E-mags produced by PTP using AGD valves and internals.

SummaryJudgement
09-06-2005, 02:14 PM
Well, I guess you called a Micro a "private label" gun, but I sure never felt the need. I always thought of it as a physical variation on the mag. Just a whole body upgrade sorta thing. And PTP never touted it as "The PTP MicrMag!". Now if you look at all of the variations of the Impulse. Those I would definately consider a private label gun. There were like, twelve variations of the dang things! And they usually went be their "private label" name. "Nasty" Impulse, "Freak Factory" Impulse, "Eclipse" Impulse, and so on.

Meh.....people just like to define things in a new way from time to time to feel more like "insiders" ;)

behemoth
09-06-2005, 02:15 PM
Oh, ok.

Like a SFL or Micro E would be a Private Label AGD product.

Thanks.

BD_Paintball
09-06-2005, 02:16 PM
Lohman446's got it. ^^^^^ yes

TheTramp
09-06-2005, 02:23 PM
Oh, ok.

Like a SFL or Micro E would be a Private Label AGD product.

Thanks.

Basicly that's correct but I think the term is more frequently used when the original mfg. make "special" versions.

Pretty much all of the popular guns have them (Russian Legion Timmy for example) to an extent but it's mostly SP (all the branded Impulses as said above).

rkjunior303
09-06-2005, 02:25 PM
To be honest...

I only see it as a way to try to convince somoene to pay more than what's normally asked for a Micro-E.

What sounds more "expensive?"

PTP Micro E-Mag?

or

"Private Label" Micro E-Mag.

Chronobreak
09-06-2005, 03:11 PM
but diddnt ptp invent the e-mag pretty much? :confused: :ninja:

mobsterboy
09-06-2005, 04:50 PM
Private label refers to the "Private Label" shockers as a general rule - such as Octane, Dark, Shocktech etc. There private companies in this case having SP produce a special Shocker to put there name on with certain features etc generally designed by them.

The label seems to be retroactively applied to the E-mags produced by PTP using AGD valves and internals.

ok lohman, bump the useful posts to 6 now :D

RRfireblade
09-06-2005, 05:03 PM
Private Label is a Marker that's manufactured by the original manufacturer in the name of another for that other company to retail as thier own model.

In SP's case, I takes an upfront fee (used to be $14K) and committment of a certain minimum quantity of units (50) and they will manufacture a Shocker, Impulse,Nerve, etc to your specifications and branded in your name. Don't hold me to those exact figures tho, it was something along those lines IIRC.

A MicroEmag is NOT a private label marker as it IS manufactured by the retailler/distributor.

Baby Huey
09-07-2005, 10:56 PM
They are a nice option. I have a normal '03 shocker and then I got a ton ton. Different grip frame, asa, trigger, and the entire gun was annod one color. Not that much more either. Thanks and God Bless.