PDA

View Full Version : pros and drop forwards

keebler
12-05-2001, 08:13 AM
why is it that hardly any pros use drop forwards on their guns? if they do they are realy small and do not much at all? just wondered.

RiceRocket
12-05-2001, 09:49 AM
Like everyone else in paintball, it's all a matter of preference. Everyone on Shock has a different setup that each feels comfortable with. Some like it tight, while others prefer to have their arms a little more extended. Some of the back guys that used the bigger 114's had drop forwards. But since the 88's came out and are as long as current 68's they preferred to go without. On the other end, when I used a 68, I used a drop forward. Now I play with a 45 without a df and it feels right to me.

Don't get me wrong, there are some great looking df's out there that can make a marker look pimp. But some tourney players will go as far as ounce-shaving to get the lightest tightest package they can play with. Shouldering a marker with a drop forward will also put the loader a little higher
unless they get used to putting the bottle a little lower on the shoulder.

All it comes down to is personal prefernce - whatever works for each individual player.

bunkerking
12-05-2001, 12:44 PM
when I used a drop forward on my cocker, it through the balance way off and toward the front of the gun, so now, I don't use one.

MikeCouves
12-05-2001, 01:56 PM
I have to have a DF because I am really short and have smaller arms than most. That's still kind of personal preference though. Try different drops, and whatever you like the most, get it.

mac2k4
12-05-2001, 04:06 PM
i'm like 5'6 and small,(w/ small arms) and upfront, but i use no drop w/ a 68ci bottle, i couldn't use a 45ci bottle, it didn't feel good, like manny said, its all preference