PDA

View Full Version : [hw] economics project :)

E r y k
09-06-2005, 03:04 PM
hey guys

i was wondering if there was anyone here that owns / runs their own business and would be answering a few questions for my economics project?

i would like to post this in the dealers forum since a lot of them run their own stores / machine shops... but i was afraid it was against the rules. (unless the mods can give me an OK, ill hope i can get some help here)

if you would like to spare some of your time and give me a hand it would be greatly appreciated!

just reply here or leave an email where i can reach you!

thanks

:dance:

ojhspyro89
09-06-2005, 04:27 PM
I wouldnt really call it a big business, but i drill PDS for bkos and bushmasters. Pays for paintball.... which is alot.

E r y k
09-06-2005, 04:28 PM
well i guess you fall under the catagory of a sole proprieter... and if you wouldnt mind answering some questions it would be great.

i wanted to get someone in the paintball area into my project to spice it up a little :)

Chronobreak
09-06-2005, 07:17 PM
whynot ask the questions here?

that would save some extra corrispondence and time for a busy manufacturer ;)

ojhspyro89
09-06-2005, 08:04 PM
YUeah, just ask them here or PM me or something... it wouldnt be too bad hopefully ;)

E r y k
09-07-2005, 05:16 PM
1. What is your job title?
2. What type of ownership does your company have? how many employees work in your company?
3. Describe your job history.
4. What is your education background? How has your education helped?
5. What skills are necessary to be a successful solr proprietor? (traits that can make you successful in the environment that you work in.
6. What are the advantages that you see in the place you work?
7. What are the challenges of being in your particular business format? (list 3 if possible)
8. What is the best way to learn to be an effective manager of people?
9. What advice would you give a newly promoted manager?
10. In your opinion, how many employees can one person effectively manage?
11. Does the product or service your ocmpany offers have much competitoin? How has this competitoin, or lack of it, affected the company you are part of?
12. Do you think the federal government supports / encourages business?
13.Does your business format facilitate and encourage innovation?

those are the questions, if any business owner could answer those for me it would be greatly appreciated! :clap:

E r y k
09-09-2005, 05:05 PM
last up.

SCpoloRicker
09-09-2005, 05:11 PM
Give it time, there are several small business owners on the board.

Someone will likely help you out. :)

That is a lot of questions... what specifically is the nature of your project?

E r y k
09-09-2005, 08:08 PM
well i am supposed to gather 6 interviews from different areas of the business world.

then i am supposed to write a 5 page analysis on what the owners have in common / differ.

however this project is due monday so i need 2 more and im good :)

yes i know its a lot of questions, and it is a lot to ask, but i would GREATLY appreciate it.