PDA

View Full Version : Z-grip gap

benhmn
09-06-2005, 06:28 PM
Hey guys, I put a zrip on my rt pro recenlty. It works and everything, but there's a gap between the rail and the front half of the grip. It's screwed in just fine, but it looks kind of fugly. Is this where the spacer comes in that I've heard about? If so I need to know where I can get one.

master_alexander
09-06-2005, 06:32 PM
pics!
you must have pics. at this point i have no idea what youa re talking about...

warbeak2099
09-06-2005, 06:36 PM
Yes, please include a pic so we can tell what you're talking about.

Loguzzzzzz
09-06-2005, 10:23 PM
If you talk to some they will say that the "wings" should be machined off. These are caused by the use of an RT Pro rail when the Z grip was designed to use the classic rail. The Classic rail has a dove tail and the RTP rail is flat. I know some who just left it that way but I think that this will allow dirt and debris to possibly get into the workings of the gun. There are other light weight options. Dallara, Omega or Alpha that will accpet the standard Z grip.

I have not seen the use of a spacer but if the gun functons without it adding one to fill the gap shouldn't hurt.

benhmn
09-06-2005, 11:06 PM
If you talk to some they will say that the "wings" should be machined off. These are caused by the use of an RT Pro rail when the Z grip was designed to use the classic rail. The Classic rail has a dove tail and the RTP rail is flat. I know some who just left it that way but I think that this will allow dirt and debris to possibly get into the workings of the gun. There are other light weight options. Dallara, Omega or Alpha that will accpet the standard Z grip.

I have not seen the use of a spacer but if the gun functons without it adding one to fill the gap shouldn't hurt.

OK, I think that's what I was looking for. So there's aftermarket rails that will work better than the RT pro with a zgrip? Thanks for the info.

luke
09-06-2005, 11:40 PM
OK, I think that's what I was looking for. So there's aftermarket rails that will work better than the RT pro with a zgrip? Thanks for the info.

:) Nah, your hosed. Would you like to sell the Z? :D

benhmn
09-07-2005, 01:21 AM
:) Nah, your hosed. Would you like to sell the Z? :D

I am immune to your jedi mind tricks!

warbeak2099
09-07-2005, 09:01 AM

Yea, just get an AM/MM classic rail. You can get:

AM/MM Classic Rail - standard classic rail.
AM/MM Classic ULE Rail - standard rail with ULE internal milling.
Deadlw Wind Dallara Rail - sweet looking rail by Colin.
Logic Alpha Rail - sweet looking rail by Ryan. Also the lightest mag rail on the market period.
Extreme Rage Omega Rail - not made anymore. Classic rail based, but a little longer than the others.