PDA

View Full Version : Mags at Camp Blanding Scenario

11 Bravo
09-06-2005, 06:49 PM
In response to the threads that are always asking if AGD is going out of business. I just wanted to say that I was at the scenario game at Camp Blanding this last weekend and saw all kinds of automags out there. I think that AGD is more popular than some people would like to think.
Even had some guy from my team accidently shoot me in the back with his brand new Tac One.

Resurection
09-06-2005, 06:54 PM
Awesome! How was Blanding this time? I really don't want to know cause my buddy and I really wanted to go but other commitments kept us away, but tell me anyway!

warbeak2099
09-06-2005, 08:09 PM
See everyone, Scenario IS a market and AGD is doing well in it! There are other areas of the market than Speedball/Tourney ball. Good to have someone actually showing a concrete example of this fact.

kevdupuis
09-06-2005, 08:18 PM
There were also quite a few at EMR on the weeekend also.

BigEvil
09-06-2005, 08:34 PM
See everyone, Scenario IS a market and AGD is doing well in it! There are other areas of the market than Speedball/Tourney ball. Good to have someone actually showing a concrete example of this fact.

Yeah, scenario IS a market. Ever notice all of the Tippman-toting players wearing camo who always want to play in the WOODS? Not for nothing.. but TIPPMAN does 'pretty well' catering to those guys dont you think?

AGD is still a Scenario noob. I look forward to seeing more scenario oriented products and accessories from them in the future (did I say AGD and NEW in the same sentence?) LOL

50 cal
09-06-2005, 09:10 PM
I wished I would have known Camp Blanding was happeneing this past weekend. :eek:

Craig Village on Ft. Campbell is the first weekend of Oct. this year.

Lee
09-06-2005, 09:37 PM
overall blanding was a good time.

paint sucked though. big time. ranged in size from too small to too big. i took back my first case for a different lot number after getting 50 fps spikes. the second lot wasn't as bad, but not nearly worth 80$

the venue was great. playing in the buildings there was exciting. a whole new dimension that i had never experienced before.

i saw quite a few mags as well and got to hang out with some great people (yes, including you 11bravo ;) )
lots of pumpers as well. i played pump the whole game. i'd say pumps and mags had an equal percentage compared to each other.

my team, trigger happy, got an honorable mention for MVT and our side, special ops, and we won by 90 points after owning the town most of saturday.

will definatrly go again if they do it next year but will hope for better quality paint.

Ohms Law
09-07-2005, 10:48 AM
Since Blanding is only a few miles southwest of Jacksonville, it is no surprise to find plenty of Automags at the game. Northeast Florida still has a huge amount of Automags in the area from the influence of the Jacksonville Warriors. For those of you that don't know, the Jax Warriors had a significant role in the development of the gun. Many of the original and more recent players still use the guns at local tournaments and paintball fields.

SummaryJudgement
09-07-2005, 10:54 AM
Yeah, I had some of those Jax players rip me a new one when the original RTs came out. That was when you could get the 50fps spike from it if you knew how. And boy did they ever :(

Resurection
09-07-2005, 05:06 PM
My best tourney moment was when my 5-man B team beat the Jax guys at a game in Orlando (old Xtreme Assualt field) and I personnaly shot Huffy....

...oh how time has changed my skills... :rofl:

11 Bravo
09-07-2005, 10:19 PM
[QUOTE=Lee]overall blanding was a good time.

i saw quite a few mags as well and got to hang out with some great people (yes, including you 11bravo ;) )

Yeh, I was worth the trip! :D