PDA

View Full Version : Ragu and Mild7

Daniel Morse
12-05-2001, 09:45 AM
My brother and I will be at Coram this Saturday at around 9:45 to play some speedball. Hopefully there will be enough people willing to play so I don't have to play open semi. Let me know if you will be there and if so try to bring some friends. ;)

Mild 7
12-05-2001, 09:36 PM
Hey Daniel

Thanks for the invite bro. I have to take care of some business in Plainview this WHOLE weekend so I won't be able to take up on your offer. I sure would like to go though. How was your game in Coram last weekend? Did you meet up with Ragu?

My RT is still under the custody of AGD 'cause they're waiting on the Intelliframe. I probabily won't see it 'till after X-Mas. I have a cocker as a backup but I really rather wait for my RT to be returned so I can play with the Intelliframe and see how it shoots with the Intellifeed. I'm actually planning to visit Velocity indoor field at Exit 52 off of L.I.E. after I get my RT back. I heard lots of tournie players go there. I bumped into a few of them players at Island Paintball. I saw a few E-Mag with warp, they were pretty cool. Anyway, when we plan to go, I'll post it up and we can all meet up.

Thanks for the invite again. Season greeting! :) :) :)

TheBigRaguPB4L
12-05-2001, 11:10 PM
probably not this weekend. i just bought a few things so i have to take off of paintball this weekend. i'm trying to get some of my friends to get some woods ball this weekend, but i'm sure you wouldn't want to do that. i just have some left over paint from about 2 months ago when i played my friend. but i ordered a few things cause i'm building some more mags. god i'm dumb, but oh well. when i'm done, i'll have 6. hahah, can't wait. on and dan, you starting a team?

TheBigRaguPB4L
12-05-2001, 11:33 PM
oh yeah, just to let you know, pyro plays at paintball long island.

Daniel Morse
12-06-2001, 08:52 AM
Ragu, I am trying to get a team going. So far it is myself and my bro. Let me know if you or anyone you know would be interested?

Mild 7, I did meet up with Ragu last weekend. Actually we met on the speedball field . We recognized each other by our mags. It was very funny because we were playing against each other without even knowing it until after the first game. It was a great time.

TheBigRaguPB4L
12-06-2001, 09:37 AM
i would want to, but i dont think i have the time or the money. i wouldn't be able to make all the practices which is something you have to do when you're on a team. i'll play with you guys i f you happen to have practice when i can play. until you get on your feet. i dont' know, if i win the lottery or something, i could, who knows.

Mild 7
12-06-2001, 12:09 PM
What's a woods ball?

TheBigRaguPB4L
12-06-2001, 12:12 PM
backyard ball, renegade ball, it has many names. just where you get sdome guys, go find a place to play, and just play on your own. no refs, no field, no rules. just a bunch of guys playing on their own.

Mild 7
12-06-2001, 01:08 PM
That is cool. I don't think there's any place like that in Queens. I wish I have big enough backyard so I can play some woods ball.

TheBigRaguPB4L
12-06-2001, 01:58 PM
well it's not literally in the backyard. just anywhere good enough to play some ball.

Daniel Morse
12-06-2001, 02:32 PM
I would play some of that. Where do you play? I know the area around there pretty good. If you travel further down on 25A away from the LIE on your lefet there is a huge vacant dirt field with woods behind it. Is that where you play? How do you get air if you run out? Let me know because it is cheaper than playing at the field. How many guys do you get together?

Mild 7
12-06-2001, 03:11 PM
Definately count me in too in the future then. Like Daniel said, it's probabily a lot cheaper than playing at a "certified" field since we can use our own paint. I don't mind paying for air if anyone have fills or even a little fee for playing at their turf.

However, we're not just going to ANY vacant dirt field to play are we? I mean, how do we know if it's legal and stuff?
It could be private property and I don't feel like playing against someone with a real rifle, especially the cops.

Mild 7
12-06-2001, 03:17 PM
By the way Daniel, I'm also aware you're trying to put a team together. Since I'm more into rec ball, I don't think I'm going to move into the next level. However, my brother is the president of the paintball club in Stoney Brook Univ.
There's a few guys on his board who's got mags and angels who may be an asset to your team. Nothing is going on right now 'cause its final time and the club is in some sort of transitioning. But once spring semester comes along, there'll be bunch of activities going on in the club and players that do not go to the school can come along as well. I'll keep you posted.

TheBigRaguPB4L
12-06-2001, 11:39 PM
well, we all usually have a main tank and a spare tank. we usually just go through the 2 and conserve on paint. it's up to you. i was trying to get these guys to play that go to my gym. they've been talking smack about how they'd beat me so bad, but they would always wuss out on playing. i gave him a call and i couldn't get a hold of him. i'm going to try again tomorrow and such. i've got about 4 people that said they would play if i could get it together. they could maybe pull 2 more. you guys are more than welcome, but it's not going to be a big thing. i have to make some phone calls tomorrow. let me know and i'll get bakc to you tomorrow. if all else fails, i'm going to the field.

TheBigRaguPB4L
12-09-2001, 12:45 AM
sorry i'm a little late. i doubt you guys will see this. but everyone backed out on playing tomorrow because of the rain. what wussies. sorry i didn't get back to you guys sooner. got kinda busy this weekend. plus i'm a procrastinator. oh well. i'm working next saturday, so if you guys go then, maybe i'll see you there. talk to you guys later.