PDA

View Full Version : Delicious creamy HALO goodness.......

Gecko
12-05-2001, 11:01 AM
according to the website Halo's start shipping on Dec 10th.
There is also a pic of the new polycarb body, ooh shiny
http://www.odysseypaintball.com/
Gecko

Liko
12-05-2001, 11:14 AM
Guess BE's patent on motorized loaders ran out. I've also seen the Ricochet. 185 rounds, with a small head-on profile designed to maximize the chances of a bounce when your hopper's hit. The only thing I don't like is the shot counter. Alarms after every 155 shots that you need to reload. That's fine, assuming you reload the hopper completely every time you only have 30 shots left. in reality, it seems like it would get off track. Does anyone make a loader with an adjustable reload alarm, or one that's a little more intelligent regarding how much paint's in the hopper?

bunkerking
12-05-2001, 12:34 PM
I have shot the ricochet 2k and those things are so loud. Plus, the one that I used was not working for some reason, I wasn't very impressed by it, but I know alot of people that swear by it. I will have to try the HALO out when it comes out.

Webmaster
12-05-2001, 12:35 PM
"Guess BE's patent on motorized loaders ran out. "

Thier patent didnt run out - the HALO simply avoids using the same design as the BE/VL patent - They already have a patent on the HALO too.

bunkerking
12-05-2001, 12:39 PM
yea, the HALO was designed by some dude that used to work for VL or BE. Or something like that. ;)

hardr0ck68
12-05-2001, 05:04 PM
yeah from what i heard, the 2 guys that designed the halo worked for Vl but jumped ship when they heard they were gettin bought out (lord knows i cant blame them....) but they halo is has a little resemblance to the eggo. Im kinda woundering if BE pushed the unfinished desing for the eggo threw (like they always do when they aquire a new ***** company) and the Halo is what the eggo should have been. I mean it has an impeller not a propeller and that was the eggo's big thing. I dunno, but i want to buy one as soon as the inital price drops a lil.

CTG
12-05-2001, 11:08 PM
yea, the HALO was designed by some dude that used to work for VL or BE. Or something like that.

Wrong, I've never worked for BE or VL.

O.P.P.
CTG

hardr0ck68
12-06-2001, 11:39 AM
This is a quote stright from warpig.

Enter HALO. At the 2000 World Cup, Tex Christopher provided a top secret preview of a functional prototype loader. Tex is a former Viewloader Employee, and it was in fact he who had also introduced me to the Revolution on the day of its initial release. Tex left Viewloader after the company was purchased by Brass Eagle, and is presently with Odyssey Paintball Products, Inc. At the Gettysburg NPPL tournament, he was ready for an open showing of a HALO (Highly Advanced Loader Operations) prototype, and gave the OK for public release of information.

CTG
12-06-2001, 12:42 PM
Tex is the president of Odyssey not the designer.

Webmaster
12-06-2001, 01:12 PM
Hey CTG - please introduce who you are and maybe explain who the key members of Odyssey are and what they do!

thanks!

toymyster
12-06-2001, 01:53 PM
GTC, welcome aboard!!!

Kneedragger
12-06-2001, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by CTG
Tex is the president of Odyssey not the designer.

Touchy, touchy... :D