PDA

View Full Version : THoughts about new gun

buzzboy
09-08-2005, 06:01 AM
I have been doing somethinking (yes I know thats a bad idea) and looking at minimags. Right now I am stuck. I talked to one of the people I paintball with and he started a team. They have a 5 man team registered for a bunch of games I think in Elizabeth City(closest real place to play paintball from here). Today I am going to find out if they are still going to be playing rec ball here this fall. If they are still going to play rec I'm going to have to get myself a new gun. So far I know of an Ion, a Trilo Cocker, an RTed A5, a Spyder Pilot ACS and a spyder fynix. There will also be a bunch of crappy markers such as VLs and cheap piranas. Then a few people have 98s. Would a minimag with a y grip and an intellifeed revy be able to keep up? I don't have as much of a need for fire power as they do. So far I have done fine with 3 bps off my P/C against lesser guns. Also I am on a budget. If I am looking to buy one on the b/s/t forums how much should I expect to pay fore something like this. One last question. How big of a nitro tank could I get without it being awkward. The field doesn't do nitro fills.

dahoeb
09-08-2005, 09:11 AM
a minimag with a y-frame would keep with those markers just perfectly fine. you could probably find a minimag w/yframe lying around the b/s/t forums pretty cheap, probably around 250, depending on what it comes with.

with that being said, it'd probably be a little cheaper in the long run just to get a ule custom. it will have a far greater selection of barrels than a standard minimag, it'd come with an xvalve and would be a lot lighter (if it matters to you) and would also come with a Y-frame, all for around 350ish.

as far as a tank goes, you can get some pretty big tank and be perfect fine and comfy, given you have a good drop. my friend has a 88ci tank, with a pretty large pmi drop and its actually pretty comfortable to hold. i know drops aren't in fashion anymore and you may get ridiculed for it, but it works so who cares.

if you don't want a dropforward of any size, definately take a look at the 70ci or 72ci stubbies, they may be perfect for you.

TheTramp
09-08-2005, 09:37 AM
my friend has a 88ci tank, with a pretty large pmi drop and its actually pretty comfortable to hold. i know drops aren't in fashion anymore and you may get ridiculed for it, but it works so who cares..

I run an 88 on a rail right off the grip fram of my E-Mag. No problem with it being too big even without a drop. :)

On topic: A mini-Mag will keep up fine with the gun you mentioned. Just make sure to get L10!

As said above, for a little more you can get a new RT-Pto so keep that in mind.

buzzboy
09-08-2005, 03:46 PM
Now I have talked to my friend and we will playing some 'ball this fall. I had my friend say something odd to me today. He said that he thinks that Mags are to small. Kind of an odd statement. I found out that the place that fills co2 near me started filling nitro now so I can get a nitro tank. Thats a big plus.

Another thing is that I'm trying to stay cheap. I know I could sell my gun and non essential stuff(I guess that would just be my mask) and that would bring my budget up to about 500 which would include a nitro tank, possibly barrel, hopper and paint. That reminds me. I am looking for a few qualities in a tank. I need at least 900+ shots and for it it be at most $170. Does anybody know of a tank that is in that area or does anybody have a tank that fits the criteria that they would like to sell.

Last, does anybody know a good price to sell my gun for. It is a Tippmann Pro/Carbine with a Thunder Pig TruFlight barrel. I wll be selling it with a 20 oz tank a 12oz tank(with camo cover) and a Rhino skin gravity hopper. About how much should I sell it for. Also should I sell it on ebay or in the bst forums. On the forums would go to a better home and would maybe be possible to trade my gun for a nitro tank(I wish). If I sell it on ebay I will be able to make more money(from the bidding) but I'm not sure how good of a home my gun will get. Either one of those would be good or I could sell it on another b/s/t forums that is more visited by people without guns, such as PBR(I would never go to PBN).

Well I will have a look at the B/S/T and come back with links or questions about what I find their.

Asym
09-08-2005, 04:58 PM
Just curious, why do you need to get rid of the Tippmann? With a trigger job that Tippman will keep up with any of the mechanical guns you listed only issue would be double trigger/e-grips/RT are not upgrades easily available for the carbines. I had 2 older carbines and a kid at the field wanted to trade a new trilogy sport for one of them, its not any faster and IMO has a lot more issues that I really can't stand ie. non-clamping feedneck, grip sized for a 4 year old.

If your looking at an RT A5 just skip it and go e-grip if your looking for speed, its about the same price. Bonus is you don't need a fast hopper on an A5.

buzzboy
09-08-2005, 07:44 PM
Well I think I may be getting a tank. I have been talking to etjoyride and I found a nice 68/45. Now all I have to do is get a gun. Yeah. Good luck to me. I hope I find one soon. My fingers are getting ancy.

mag88888
09-09-2005, 07:10 PM
any mag would tops those guns.

ttink
09-09-2005, 07:18 PM
well i got my tank very cheap on pbnation, centerflag 68/4500 with dye cover, $100. but i know some dont like it there so i would go with the deal you have now. i think ull like the 68/45. i know i do. and IMO, the mini mag is better than those guns. but ask said, dont forget level 10.

ojhspyro89
09-09-2005, 09:47 PM
Put an E frame on your A5, in which i beleive you have. Youll still be able to use co2, and you will be able to keep up.

If the field did nitro fills, you could pick up a bko or something for cheap and a tank for about 200-250. Then a revvy or something.

ultralight
09-10-2005, 01:18 AM
used minimag - ~100 w/y-grip - ~225
used 68/45 - ~150
used revvy - ~ 45
used barrel - ~ 20 - 50 (depending on brand)

you should be able to find all of that here, in the classifies's forums, for roughly the prices listed.

and even though it is the devil, you shouldn't count PBN out. especially if you are looking for lower end / rec ball markers or parts. many of the sellers over there are selling some things for less than you can find them here because they don't place the same value on them that we here do. i've found that the view of rec ball as inferior has spread to the classifieds and therefore rec ball equipment usually sells under value.

as for how well a minimag can compete with other rec ball markers? the mag will keep up and then some.

have fun

buzzboy
09-10-2005, 07:55 AM
Sweetness. I will have to put a want add in the b/s/ts. And no ojhs, I have a pro/carbine. The only egrip I know of for a pro/carbine was a custom job by punishers.

Ok I just added it up new for what I would want. It would be 491 for a

-ULE body
-YGrip
-Lvl 10
-Classic Valve

Then it would be another ~130~ for a tank, ~45~ for a hopper and ~45~ for a barrel. That turns out to be 711. Thats just a little over my budget I think.

Lastly, can someone tell me how much I can sell my 2004 Tippmann Pro/Carbine with 16" TruFlight Barrel with a Rhino SpinLoader hopper, plus a 12oz and 20oz co2 tank. If I sell on ebay I could probably get more money but I would rather sell it to someone who knows what they're doing with it.

EDIT:I was looking around the BSTs and something caught my eye. It was this (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=183211) Metinks it is what I am looking for. I like this because it comes with a tank and a hopper and it seems to be a reasonable price. What do you guys think. If not this I guess I will have to go for the Minimag.