PDA

View Full Version : Mag CO2 question

Commissar_Loki
09-08-2005, 09:03 PM
Alright, I'v never had a problem using CO2 as long as I ran it vertically. However I'm changing my setup (again) and am now using a 12 oz on a drop. The front bicycle grip is used as a grip, with the CO2 going into that (in hopes of keeping liquid out). I have a very limited funds as of right now, but my question is, should this work. My shooting is fairly slow, so it'd be a matter of liquid jumping or me pointing tank down. Second any idea about how many rds a Level 7 classic valve should get on a 12 oz? Even a rough estimate is better than nothing. Thanks in advance.

-Butch

Jaan
09-08-2005, 09:37 PM
There's a simple and cheap solution for running a 'Mag on CO2 (if you shoot slow). Take a long hose and loop it around a couple of times before going into the valve. That's all you need to do.

Anti syphon in the tank would be a good idea too if you can swing it.

automikey
09-08-2005, 10:56 PM
I have an anti-siphon tank with on/off and matching drop for sale on ebay, started at $9.99. It ends Saturday and currently has no bids. Check my auctions, my seller ID is "greschm".

Commissar_Loki
09-09-2005, 02:10 AM
Hmm, I may have to install an anti-siphon... as much as i don't want to, I may have to. Hosing can't get longer (I like hows it looks....) and I'd rather not redo the hosing. Anti-siphons aren't fun to install imo, however I may have to in order to prevent making snowcones out of CO2. THX.

-Butch

bleachit
09-09-2005, 03:00 AM
on a 16oz I think I get about 600-700 rounds

(very rough estimates and are probably wrong)

stoupa
09-11-2005, 08:42 AM
Hmm, I may have to install an anti-siphon... as much as i don't want to, I may have to. Hosing can't get longer (I like hows it looks....) and I'd rather not redo the hosing. Anti-siphons aren't fun to install imo, however I may have to in order to prevent making snowcones out of CO2. THX.

-Butch

Let a proshop handle the install. Improperly torqued valve could unscrew from a tank, sending the tank flying like a rocket. I really advise against doing it yourself.

http://www.warpig.com/paintball/articles/news/042404cpsctank/index.shtml

Commissar_Loki
09-11-2005, 06:14 PM
I work at a proshop :P Wouldn't let anyone but myself and a few of my co-workers tech my tanks.

-Butch

bleachit
09-11-2005, 09:28 PM
I work at a proshop :P Wouldn't let anyone but myself and a few of my co-workers tech my tanks.

-Butch

There are more people I wouldnt trust to do an install than there are I would... The guy that did mine Ive been shopping at for 5 years, he knows his stuff and I know he would do it right, otherwise he wouldnt do it.