PDA

View Full Version : Prescription for fun

punkncat
09-11-2005, 03:09 PM
I am in that limbo period in between trading off my last marker for the next one....you other gun whores will understand of course. :) I dug deep into the recesses of the paintball closet and dug out the old classic mag so I could go play some recball. I got it out and seeing how it has been a while I fired a few shots to make sure all was good. Nice thing I did...it was dry as a bone. I took her apart, oiled up all the orings, got the on/off sliding smoothly, few drops down the ASA, bag of 500 rounds, and off to the field I go.

I get to the field and my teammates look at me like I have completly lost my mind. Here I am with a classic valved, powerfed, revi'ed, composite framed mag easily half as old as many of the players at the field...lol...and they are rocking the serious tourney gear. I come onto the field for the first game and get picked last. No suprise there at least not until I take out 2 players on the other team and bunker the last guy!!!!

I decided to play with the "mech" ballers for the last couple of games. Went into the snake, which I never do, took out the other side...made a break for the 50....you know, did all the things I would never try. I had the most fun I have had in a while. Ended up using about 250 of the balls I brought in 5 games. Filled my tank once and still have over 2K PSI....

I am going to have to do that more often.

Resurection
09-11-2005, 03:34 PM
This pretty much proves my point that nothing that came out in the 5-6 years I was away from the game has made it any better than it already was. When done properly, mechs and attitude always win. :hail: :dance: :hail:

master_alexander
09-11-2005, 03:41 PM
yay! this is how i started and now have an emag and a bushy... fast co2 and fast nitro setup. i was thinking of getting dual pistols... that would be cool to have. holster on each leg, i can play james bond! lol. yea... i did do alot with my first pistol though.

hobbesTZ
09-11-2005, 10:10 PM
I played some speedball with a pump recently. It was definately a lot of frantic and adrenaline pumping, "what the hell do I do" fun.

punkncat
09-12-2005, 10:17 PM
I played some speedball with a pump recently. It was definately a lot of frantic and adrenaline pumping, "what the hell do I do" fun.

Thats what I am talking about!!!

There is a lot to be said for playing just for the heck of it. Knowing you are out gunned, carrying little paint, and needing to try something out of the ordinary to find an edge....and not really caring whether it works or not. There is definately something to be said for a game when winning isn't the main objective.

JoshK
09-13-2005, 08:34 PM
Man. I did that too. Yet I had a stingray II. I got picked last even though I have been playing for longer than atleast half of the people there. (they were on the speedball field with their IONs). The ref kept on asking me if I wanted to go and play with the newbs on a tire field. I didn't. I got quite a few people out, and had a good time.

Last time I went I did even better with my warp mag because it was easier to stay close to the bunker.

fifthmag
09-14-2005, 02:54 AM
I'm with Hobbes on this, except we play speedball with pumps *every* Saturday. 65 balls per hang, three man modified X Ball rules. Pure. Adrenalin. Fun.

Like it used to be.

GoTcHaSuCcA
09-14-2005, 01:24 PM
haha, I have a very similar story but with a cammo duct taped spyder shutter. The regular tourny players were like that thing is a P.O.S., the newb players were like the cammo makes it shoot farther and more accurate... i'm tellin em both players make the guns not the other way around. For some reason mech markers dont get the respect they are due.

Mad props to showin em up man. Its days like those that make the game worth playing

MadPSIence
09-14-2005, 01:51 PM
haha, I have a very similar story but with a cammo duct taped spyder shutter. The regular tourny players were like that thing is a P.O.S., the newb players were like the cammo makes it shoot farther and more accurate... i'm tellin em both players make the guns not the other way around. For some reason mech markers dont get the respect they are due.

Mad props to showin em up man. Its days like those that make the game worth playing

shens

:rolleyes:

*ArKfEaR*
09-14-2005, 01:59 PM
Reminds me of last sunday when I was shooting one of my teams mech backup cockers.

I was rolling people all day and people kept asking me what kinda gun is that, just an upgraded '02 cocker... "Oh you mean a prostock" NO! Its an older cocker with upgrades lol.

I had people coming up to me multiple of times asking me what I was shooting, I was like its a mech cocker like am I shooting that fast?

However it is sad how people are more likely to pick a person by their gun and then get rolled by the team using all mechs, it suddenly changes their opinions.