PDA

View Full Version : crossfire tank recall?

RingOfScale
09-11-2005, 04:23 PM
So yesterday i picked up a Freestyle-7, 45/45 crossfire tank, empire reloader B, v-force profiler, and some other new gear. Today i got onto the crossfire website to see if my tank was a 3-year or a 5-year hydro, and right on their front page is a big warning message saying not to fill certain tanks (which mine happens to be one of) and send them back to get a replacement. Now, this is slightly annoying because I sorta need my tank for next weekend (tournament). Not only that, but I havnt even used the tank yet, and they are gonna try to charge $40 to get the tank replaced, even tho you'd think a recall like this would be covered by a warranty, right ?!?!? I really dont want to pay $40 to replace a tank I havnt even gotten to use yet...

How big was this run of faulty tanks? They only had 2 codes of tanks that were faulty, and I'm just wondering exactly how unlucky I am...

I talked to the store where I bought it all, and hes gonna call crossfire on monday, to try and comvince them not to charge us the $40, but if they really are going to try to charge that $$$, he better let me exchange it for a different tank for free...

-rIng

deathstalker
09-11-2005, 04:34 PM
The fee Crossfire charges is probably for labor or something like that. However, what concerns me most is that you bought this gear yesterday. The warning about the GCI tanks is almost a month old and the tank should not have even been sold to you. I would make your dealer cough up any fees.

RingOfScale
09-11-2005, 05:48 PM
When I called him earlier today he said he had heard about the warnings, but had only heard about them for Empire tanks. He did get a new shipment of crossfires in a few days ago, but the tank I got I believe is from an older shipment he had. (The hydro date is 04-05, so it mighta been sitting in his store for a while). Anyway, since he has plenty of crossfires still in stock from his new shipment, I'm just gonna take this one back wednesday and exchange it.

-rIng