PDA

View Full Version : MICRO-EMAG 2000 Questions

Teamslayer76
09-11-2005, 10:03 PM
Well I might be purchaseing a Proteam Micro-Emag. But I have a few questions that I would like answered. I'll just list them.

1. I've heard the Retro Valve was "refittied" or changed for the Micro-Emag is this true?
2. Is there a significant wieght diffrence between the Micro and standard Emags?
3. Does it have ball detents?
4. It will be chrome any ideas how to keep it clean and polished, with finger prints at a minimum, please don't say don't touch it. :rofl:
5.Forgot. I'll get back on this one.

Thanks much in advance.

athomas
09-12-2005, 07:59 AM
The retro valve on the micro emag is the same as all other retro valves. The on-off pin is shorter though. The micro emag on-off pin is only .675". There is a slight weight reduction on the micro-emag vs the stainless emag. The micro emags have an external spring loaded ball detent arm. The chrome will tarnish but can be easily cleaned with a suitable polish.

If you get a level 10 bolt, you may have to sand the front tip to smaller diameter (not very much). The breach of some of the microemags were a smaller inside diameter.

Teamslayer76
09-12-2005, 03:59 PM
:confused: Ok thx, but what is a suitable polish like what will work on it, without ruining the Annodization. Thanks

AGD202
09-12-2005, 05:05 PM
to keep the chrome clean.... take ur shirt and rub the finger prints off... and use a soft towl or paper towl to clean off dirt/paint

Teamslayer76
09-12-2005, 05:41 PM
to keep the chrome clean.... take ur shirt and rub the finger prints off... and use a soft towl or paper towl to clean off dirt/paint

Thats a given, I mean what is a polish or a "wax" to make it glow!

athomas
09-13-2005, 06:09 PM
Any good metal polish should work.