PDA

View Full Version : Halo B vs. Reloader B

TheShark
09-11-2005, 10:20 PM
Thoughts?

Newb question I'm sure, but I've been shooting nothing but Revvies since '96. I finally have the firepower to justify a force-feed loader.

Prices (pbgear.com):
Empire Reloader B w/ rip drive - $129.00
Odyssey Halo Belt Driven w/ rip drive - $103.99

The obvious difference I see between the two is "sound driven" in the empire, vs. "reflective sensor" in the Halo.

Any more info on the differences and your recommendation would be appreciated! :cheers:

maglover728
09-11-2005, 10:40 PM
I have had two halos. Each lasted for around a month. My Empire on the other hand has been running well for about a year now. Also they say that dark colored paint is hard for the Halo to see. That problem is eliminated when you go to a sound activated loader.

master_alexander
09-11-2005, 10:53 PM
i like my empire reloader better :D

id go with that.

onedude36
09-11-2005, 11:10 PM
I have 2 empires. My friends have halos. Every week I loan an empire out because something went wrong with one of their hoppers. Maybe they both got lemons? Or maybe not...

yea i like empires. Although i have a really weird one with no rip-drive :tard:

rkjunior303
09-11-2005, 11:34 PM
Halo's constantly blend paint.. Go with the reloader b. i love mine. nothing but great things with it.. *knock on wood* ;)

quik
09-11-2005, 11:37 PM
I got to use a Reloader B today for the first time. Pretty good on the right guns.

phantomhitman
09-12-2005, 06:27 AM
ill stick up for the halo, i have had one for 2 years with no problems. I replaced my drive cone with a new delrin one just in case though (that is an issue for both reloader and halo). I have never blended paint and I use a victory board at the highest setting. I have seen MANY people have chopping, forcing past detents, too much pressure on the stack issues with their reloader b on the highest setting. Easily fixed by turning downt he speed a little.

BigEvil
09-12-2005, 07:51 AM
I have to defend the Halo's also.. I have had mine for about 2 years as well with no problems. I did upgrade to the Victory board which is wicked fast and probably more than you would need. Being physically similar to the halo (if not identical), the big advantage the Empire has over the halo is that there are no eyes to guck up with paint. If I chop a ball (Especailly with my cocker) the Halo becomes a real nightmare. You basically have to rip it apart to clean it. While if you need to clean your Reloader B is the same thing, you wouldnt have the issues with the eyes.

FSU_Paintball
09-12-2005, 07:52 AM
I much prefer my Halo since I dropped a Reloader kit in it. Batteries tend to last longer, it seems to load faster, if the hopper falls off I don't lose all of my paint, and most importantly it's more reliable... I had lots of troubles with the old eyes. They'd get dirty, they'd fall out, etc.

canilive
09-12-2005, 09:17 AM
I was using my halo b, for the first time this weekend. Well, I had no problems at all. But I was getting this weird jam, like 3 times during the day. I couldn't figure it out. I'm shooting 17bps easy. Oh and how do you get those damn screws out. I was tryin to get paint out of one screw. It looks like there is a nut on the other side. Anyways, mine was not coming out. I was using an allen wrench to try and hold it down while I turn the screw. It just wasn't happening. Any tips?

Recon by Fire
09-12-2005, 09:49 AM
I have had my Halo B also for a few years and never a problem with it and blending paintball either. The only trouble I ever had was when I decided to drop it on a cement floor! Even then I just replaced the cracked shell and she still purs like a kitten for me. I ordered mine direct from Odyssey too because nobody had them in stock because they were so hot at the time. Customer service was open and it showed up the very next day even though I had regular shipping! They shipped it overnight at their cost unexpectedly just so I could have it before the weekend :) That earns my business.

TheShark
09-12-2005, 01:55 PM
I think I'm going with the Reloader. Thanks guys.

vonort
09-12-2005, 06:59 PM
This is just something I heard. Not sure if its true or not. But I heard that the Reloader B's had a problem with burning up the motors? Is this true? Or has anyone had any expereince with that problem?

I have a Halo I use on my Timmy. Its nice. I was going to buy a Reloader B since I love sound activated. But didn't because of above said problem.

BeaverEater
09-13-2005, 08:09 PM
I have a V35 halo and a reloader, i use my reloader over my halo because its just that much better.

Cow hunter
09-13-2005, 08:49 PM
is there really a big difference?............ i use a revvyX or a Q so wouldnt know :p

TheShark
09-13-2005, 09:16 PM
Oops, nevermind. :eek: