PDA

View Full Version : Do people have something against mags?

canilive
09-12-2005, 10:32 AM
I took my custom mag(thanks Rouge) out to the field , for the first time this weekend. There was a speedball tourny going on, by the way. Anyways, I'm in the parking lot and this kid I guess he was 15, was like Oh my God! I'm sure he didn't mean it in a fascinated way. It was also kinda funny cause I'm at the chrono and 3 of the workers there were standing outside watching me. I guess they wanted to see what it could do. I failed to satisfy them at first. Problem with my tank, it isn't broken in yet. But I came back with old reliable PMI. It was funny the guy at the chrono wanted to try. i was hitting 17 bps easy. It was pretty cool. But that damn little kid, I wonder what the hell he was talking about.Anyways, out on the field, the thing is awesome. i just love the compact feel of it. I got some bolt stick (just like 3 times) and my halo b for some reason wanted to jam all of a sudden. I wonder what that was all about? The halo issue occcured twice. When a ball just rolls out the barrel, is that due to shortstroking? I had 2 or 3 breaks, but those were either because of the barrel or 2 balls were in there. I guess that is me shortstoking, but can someone clarify that for me? All in all, very nice for it's first time out. I'm sure it will just get better. I'd apprciate any feedback on those minor issues I was having out there.

Outlaw5
09-12-2005, 11:25 AM
Hey, I've been playing longer than most kids in the sport have been alive and you just have to remember, if it isn't the latest and greatest then it must suck! I've been happily playing with a mag for 11 years and all I can say is kids laugh then run from me, the x-mag helps. Let them laugh at you so when you school them on the field you can say in an even toned voice.....yeah it's just an old mag I threw together, nice isn't it???!!!

Now on to your issues. Remember to break in the mag oil is your friend! Get a tank of air, take the valve out of the marker and lube up the On/Off Pin and bold profusely. Put the valve back in the marker and place ten drops of oil in the valve input hole. Air it up and fire about 35 to 50 shots through the marker. Take off the barrel and clean it out, then put it back on and run 150 to 200 rounds through the marker. This should break in th emarker fairly weel for your next outing. Secondly, if you have a ball rolling out of the barrel then the HALO is pushing a ball past your detent. Check your detent to ensure it is seated properly. Once that is squared away your extra ball feeding and double round firing (with broken paintball) should be done and the real paint slinging at the field can commence. Good luck!

Lohman446
09-12-2005, 11:34 AM
i was hitting 17 bps easy. .

In legal, non run away modes with a mechanical?

canilive
09-12-2005, 11:55 AM
In legal, non run away modes with a mechanical?
yes, I swear it. It's mechanical and i have 9 shims in the ult. I love it.

Lohman446
09-12-2005, 12:01 PM

Don't buy it... not with full legal trigger pulls. What do you use to think 17 easily? I've made the bet before - show me high quality video that I can do sound analysis of and confirm trigger pulls at 17BPS sustained for 10 seconds and I will paypal you $20... frankly, no, not with trigger pulls - not happening.

phantomhitman
09-12-2005, 12:06 PM

buzzersound/ wrong answer chuck, tell him what he has won. you win a free subscription to shenanigans monthly.

You will not ever pull that fast on a legal mag and it would hard to tune it to bounce that fast. You must have one of the new experimental nppl pac (sp?!) sensors (tracks bps) to know that you are "easily" pulling 17bps. But I can tell by the few posts yo have made recently that you are the editor for shenanigans monthly, so I will let you go.

Lohman446
09-12-2005, 12:10 PM
http://automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=175620&highlight=BPS+contest

As someone once said in there sig when we had them 99% of the time paintballers are talking about BPS the P is silent.

canilive
09-12-2005, 12:37 PM
http://automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=175620&highlight=BPS+contest

As someone once said in there sig when we had them 99% of the time paintballers are talking about BPS the P is silent.
I'm just telling you guys what the radar read. I'm deadly serious. It was going 7-10. When I switched my tank it hit 17 the ref working there wanted to use my gun. I'm telling you it rips. Its way faster than my A5 I'm not sure about the bps on that. But I know the e trigger is capped at like 11-13. It just bounces off my finger. I get some pretty good rapid fire going, by pulling semi as well.

BD_Paintball
09-12-2005, 12:45 PM
yea and i can hit 10 with my pump mag :rolleyes:

canilive
09-12-2005, 01:20 PM
yea and i can hit 10 with my pump mag :rolleyes:
Allright, I'm still new to the paintabll game, as I just started in december. I love the game so far. I've been to 3 big scenario's and a few walk-ons. I have 2 A5's and my sexy mag, next up is a proto, so I can get my speedball on. There is a a sort of secret mod, that makes your mag spit fire. It believe it was created by Robtown. Then there is the alpha mag mod, (which I have )and is a bit simple. This mod is performing exactly the way I want. It was shooting so fast, I just had to put it on the radar. As far as it being legal, I don't know. After about the fifth ball, the radar will let you know your bps. Mine read 17 after a good ripping session, which is controllable. And it confirmed that number more than once. So love it or leave it guys, it is what it is. And i only have preset tanks. You guys who are being all sarcastic, probably been playing way longer than me, I'm suprised you never heard of any of these mods or experimented with them. Maybe you should be doing some more research. I'm telling you the radar said 17bps, so you tell me what that means. Don't tell me that it didn't say that or that it was broke. It was those big block type radars(red and silver)Anyways, those are top of the line, I think almost all fields have the same one. Anyways, here is a question for you know it alls: How do I get into the ball detents. I don't have my marker on hand at the moment. Is it behind the foamie. It's not on the blown up diagram and how do I know if it's seated right. i found that a ball rolled out, once. And I got 2 ball breaks, I believe it was due to that ball rolling out and staying in the barrel. Is this due to me shortstroking? I'm using a halo b to keep up with that 17 bps. HAHAHA

Lohman446
09-12-2005, 01:24 PM
Allright, I'm still new to the paintabll game, as I just started in december. I love the game so far. I've been to 3 big scenario's and a few walk-ons. I have 2 A5's and my sexy mag, next up is a proto, so I can get my speedball on. There is a a sort of secret mod, that makes your mag spit fire. It believe it was created by Robtown. Then there is the alpha mag mod, (which I have )and is a bit simple. This mod is performing exactly the way I want. It was shooting so fast, I just had to put it on the radar. As far as it being legal, I don't know. After about the fifth ball, the radar will let you know your bps. Mine read 17 after a good ripping session, which is controllable. And it confirmed that number more than once. So love it or leave it guys, it is what it is. And i only have preset tanks. You guys who are being all sarcastic, probably been playing way longer than me, I'm suprised you never heard of any of these mods or experimented with them. Maybe you should be doing some more research. I'm telling you the radar said 17bps, so you tell me what that means. Don't tell me that it didn't say that or that it was broke. It was those big block type radars(red and silver)Anyways, those are top of the line, I think almost all fields have the same one. Anyways, here is a question for you know it alls: How do I get into the ball detents. I don't have my marker on hand at the moment. Is it behind the foamie. It's not on the blown up diagram and how do I know if it's seated right. i found that a ball rolled out, once. And I got 2 ball breaks, I believe it was due to that ball rolling out and staying in the barrel. Is this due to me shortstroking? I'm using a halo b to keep up with that 17 bps. HAHAHA

And I'm, telling you, aside from a very VERY select few anyone who truly beleives they can hit 17BPS and sustain it for any amount of time is :tard:

Anyone who truly beleives they can do it on a mech with legal trigger pulls is more :tard:

canilive
09-12-2005, 01:25 PM
And I'm, telling you, aside from a very VERY select few anyone who truly beleives they can hit 17BPS and sustain it for any amount of time is :tard:

Anyone who truly beleives they can do it on a mech with legal trigger pulls is more :tard:
ok so what does that mean when the radar reads 17. Oh ok, I get what you guys are saying. If it's the legal issue you talking about, ok. I understansd the rules. Bouncing triggers aren't allowed in tourny play. But it is fine over here in New York, for rec play. And again I'm telling you it does whar it does.

BD_Paintball
09-12-2005, 01:30 PM
ok so what does that mean when the radar reads 17
well since you are new to the sport i will let you know the big red chronos read the 2 or 3 fastest balls that were pulled. i can get a spyder that will shoot 2 or 3 balls fast and it will read 17. not to mention that when those read BPS it is VERY inaccurate. u have to use sound with gold wave or something like that to get a good reading. im sorry but you are not shooting 17. maybe if you are lucky 10

canilive
09-12-2005, 01:33 PM
see BD is talking to me. Well, you say it's innaccurate. I hear that. I'm not gonna argue with you guys, I'm satisfied with my marker. I wanted to put it on the radar to see what was really going on and it told me 17 more than once. So I got real excited. You guys stay on this thread for a while ,I'm gonna try and get this vid from my peoples and you tell me what it is shooting. ok I hope you guys can see this. Let me know.http://www.hotshotpaintball.com/zapconj/Tac1demo.mov

canilive
09-12-2005, 01:40 PM
Do you guys see the link above. I am right there. I choose the second mod though. I'm waiting to hear from you guys.

canilive
09-12-2005, 01:49 PM
i can get that on windows for you none quick time people

phantomhitman
09-12-2005, 02:16 PM
that "mod" is 100% useless, it is 100% illegal, and 100% :tard:

Whoever is shooting is shortstroking because they are not use to the "rt feel". This is what kills me about mag people, rt is fine and fun and all cool but a ramping or bouncing trix/timmy/cocker is not. You did not say that, and I am not saying you did, that was a general statement. Your marker is not being hated on or amazing anyone, it just a bouncy mag. There are guys on my team do this stuff, and I never understood why. Hell, I could flip a switch and max out any loader out there but I dont. You are not pulling but 1 BPS, the rest is bounce, end of story.
NO field anywhere should let that marker be used in rec play. Unless you are practicing with a team that ramps there is no need for that. I would out you in the same category as people that "noobybash" if you went to play rec with that.

/rant

ps-you halo could be jamming due to the fact you are not getting a clean cycle everytime. You bps is very erradict and sometimes does not even fire. That can also cause barrel breaks and bolt stick as you may have noticed. I would say tone your bouncing down a little to save wear and tear on your gun.

canilive
09-12-2005, 02:47 PM
C'mon, it's all in good fun. I just want to let the world know that mags can rip. And it's all good as long as you play safe. I never try to hurt anyone, just want to keep those heads down and move up on em. You can't be mad at that. And if you got guys out there ramping, hey I'm bouncing till then. I'm just feeling my mechanics right now. I'm gonna step it up after X-mas and see what the dark side is all about. To each his own right?

Dirge
09-12-2005, 03:41 PM
Ok. Going through this thread I have noticed a few points.

1. He is running a ULT with alot of shims ( 9? ). He is running a full reactive trigger, so he should be getting a high rate of fire, so long as it isn't going into full runaway (auto).

2. "17 BPS is hard to achive on a legal trigger". Not running a legal trigger, though if the reff let him by, NOT a problem.

3. You will shortstroke a ULT even if it is reactive. This is why I went back to an RT on/off. This may also explain your double feeding problem.

And now my question: What was the first tank you were using before the PMI?

phantomhitman
09-12-2005, 03:48 PM
If its in fun then its all good. Its nice to mags go full auto (zak vetter), but any gun can do that now with either cheating (debounce, amb) or a feature of a chip. It is shooting fast, but not legally. Runaway is going full auto without being able to stop it, this is the same thing except for its full auto until the trigger is returned. This does not compare to ramping, low debounce, etc, is is full blown full auto.
Just dont scare the new people off in rec play. Like I said in my previous post not everyone ramps in rec play (and if you do you are stupid). My point is just use it to show off or play against others that are ramping.

canilive
09-12-2005, 04:04 PM
Suprisingly, I was using centerflag. The reg isn't fully broken in yet, so that explains that. Now look guys, I don't want you to think that I'm some nut, that's out there lighting people up. Thats just the way we play here in the east cost. I'm out there againest guys with DM5, and all types of stuff. But you know what, we all play safe. It's the best place i ever been too, and has the coolest people. Refs are on there job and it's just great. It's not what you are packing, it's how you use it.

Maggot6
09-12-2005, 04:18 PM
Sounds fun:) If you have fun playing with your mag, and as long as you know what your doing have at it. As long as you don't hide the fact that your mag is bouncy.

MadPSIence
09-12-2005, 05:02 PM
dear thread starter.. you were bouncing like crazy. Nobody known on earth can legally pull 17.

Duzzy
09-12-2005, 05:06 PM
It's not what you are packing, it's how you use it.

Very true, but in my humble opinion what you are packing is a safety hazard and you are using it in a way it is not intended to be used. Any gun that shoots more than once per pull in a game is either a safety hazard, or a potential safety hazard.

But that's just me...

maglover728
09-12-2005, 05:12 PM
Hey canilive, to answer your question that titled your thread, Yes people do have something against mags. I only read the top 4 replies to your post and it seems to me that the people who at least first responded to your post have problems with mags.

Duzzy
09-12-2005, 05:29 PM
I only read the top 4 replies to your post and it seems to me that the people who at least first responded to your post have problems with mags.

And their posts had nothing to do with clarifying how he was acheiving 17 bps on a mech Automag... They just all had something against Automags...

Seriously... Let's look at the 1st four posts:

1st Post: Helpful tech tips.

2nd Post: Are you sure you are shoot that fast legally?

3rd Post: You're not shooting a legally set up mech Automag that fast.

4th Post: You're not shooting a mech Automag that fast without a lot of bounce.

I have to ask, where did you get that people have problems with Automags?

phantomhitman
09-12-2005, 05:41 PM
and hear we go, the ao calvary!!!
1-im easily hitting 17 bps so he is bouncing, whatever amkes you happy
2-its legal i swear here is were i step in and call bs
3-i use it for rec play and this is ok, i dont think so
4-why do people hate mags wow, look at all of the bad comments about mags...wait there are none

I have 3 mags, from oldschool mech level 7 up to a devilmag, I love them all. I will always question when anyone, regardless of gun, says look at me legally pulling anything over 10 bps. Most people lie, others bounce or ramp. He just said it was legal, when it is most definitely not. It is jsut idiotic to take that gun onto a field, ESPECIALLY FOR REC PLAY. I dont care if everyone has the new dmc, ego, g7, it doesnt mean you have to go full auto. Just because you have a civic doesnt mean ferraris cant drive on the same road.....understand? I did say if you are practicing with a team or a group of people that are ramping then go ahead IF they are cool with it.

NO ONE HAS SAID 1 NEGATIVE THING ABOUT A MAG, GET OVER IT

nt2004
09-12-2005, 09:07 PM
I dont have any problem with mags, but I do have something against bs.

BeaverEater
09-13-2005, 08:07 PM
Ive got nothing against mags, but you can get better guns for the same price as a ULE emag or an X-mag.

Head knight of Ni
09-13-2005, 08:15 PM
Nobody known on earth can legally pull 17.

Leatherpants?

Chronobreak
09-13-2005, 08:25 PM
Leatherpants?

where has he been... :confused: