PDA

View Full Version : Help with classic automag valve

gray element
09-12-2005, 04:47 PM
Hi, everyone, I am new to this forum. Nice to meet you. Anyways, i was wondering if you guys could tell me whats wrong with my automag classic. My friend recently "cleaned" my gun for me and lubed it, and now every time i gas it up it leaks out of the back of the valve through that little hole. I took my gun apart and it all looked fine to me. If anyone has any ideas on what could possibly be wrong and how to fix it please let me know.
Ty for your responses :)
P.S i use nitro if that changes anything.
P.S 2 Is there any gun that compares to the automag for a relatively cheap price being as if my automag is broken i am too broke to replace it with another one :cry:
Again ty for your responses.

maglover728
09-12-2005, 05:32 PM
does the gun shoot while it is leaking?

Dayspring
09-12-2005, 05:35 PM
Turn the velocity down. (Counter clockwise)

If it still leaks, change the oring on the reg piston. If it STILL leaks, replace the piston.

gray element
09-12-2005, 07:00 PM
yes the gun does shoot when leaking but the leak is pretty noticable

gray element
09-12-2005, 07:03 PM
also, do they still sell pistons for the automag classic?

Kwaidd
09-14-2005, 05:19 PM
if there was nothign wrong with your gun b4 your friend cleaned it for you, then im sure there isnt anything actually "broken" about it now. There are so few moving parts in a mag that its really hard to break something. all ya need to do is make sure all yer o rings and stuff are installed properly and that things are put together right. And if he lost a piece when he had it apart, its easy to replace a part right off the AGD website's online store. You should have a spare parts kit on ya at all times anyways...can save ya in a jam if a seal or o ring goes bad.

it is possible if the person messed with your velocity adjustment that its out to far...although there is no real need to take out that piece to clean the gun. Oh yeah, if all else fails...
Watch the video that came with the gun...TOM explains everything in detal and will solve any problem you might have with the gun. there are very few things that can go wrong in it.

I guess you could also call tech support if nothing else helps at:
Front office hours:
Monday through Friday, 9:00-11:30 am - 1:00-5:00 pm (Central Time)
Office Telephone: (847) 520-7507
Office Fax: (847) 520-7848
Tech Support hours:
Monday through Friday, 10:00 to 11:30 am, 1:00 - 4:00 pm (Central Time)
Tech Support Telephone: (847) 520-7225

Dayspring
09-14-2005, 08:16 PM
yes. when the connection is back up

http://store.airgun.com

Look in 68 Classic parts.

also, do they still sell pistons for the automag classic?

wanna-b-ballin'
09-14-2005, 08:28 PM
even if there was something seriously wrong with the gun because of the leak, you wouldn't have to replace the whole gun. you can find whole new valve/regulator/bolt assemblies in the B/S/T forum here for around $40.

gray element
09-15-2005, 03:55 PM
k, thx a lot guys :) :) :rofl:

hardr0ck68
09-17-2005, 01:11 PM
if you have split the reg (unscrewed it between the serial numbers) you should replace the reg seat in there. When the gun is gassed up with a new reg seat it puts a grove on the seat, and it seals along that grove. Once you split the halves the seat can move, and once gassed up again you get 2 groves on the seat. Sometimes this makes the marker leak, but more commonly it allows air to slowly leak past the reg seat, which gives you incosistant velocity and by extension a less accurate marker.