PDA

View Full Version : 68 classic mag compatibility

anomoly40
09-13-2005, 02:44 AM
I want to buy a 68 classic mag and add on to it over time. I have some questions of compability with parts I want to buy. In other words I want to see if the parts I want to use will fit.

1. Ule or compatable body with vertical feed
2. X-valve lvl 7 or 10 bolt
3. Intelliframe or RPG Chimera frame

Will I need a different rail for the ule body and frame? Does the X-valve come with a lvl 10 bolt? If not would a lvl 7 bolt do?

Please help me as I am new to mags. I shot a friends in a local tournament when my gun went down, and I loved the feel of the marker. I also want to get back into mechnical guns as I have strayed into the electro headache and forgotten my roots.

Thanks.

Dayspring
09-13-2005, 08:31 AM
1) Yes, ULE body will work on ALL AGD guns (minus Sydarm, Xmag, Micromag)
2) Yes. The Xvalve is designed to work in ALL AGD guns except Sydarm and Classic RT body.
3) Yes. This will work on EVERYTHING.

Yes, Xvalve comes with level 10 kit. No, you won't need a new rail for the body & frame.

I want to buy a 68 classic mag and add on to it over time. I have some questions of compability with parts I want to buy. In other words I want to see if the parts I want to use will fit.

1. Ule or compatable body with vertical feed
2. X-valve lvl 7 or 10 bolt
3. Intelliframe or RPG Chimera frame

Will I need a different rail for the ule body and frame? Does the X-valve come with a lvl 10 bolt? If not would a lvl 7 bolt do?

Please help me as I am new to mags. I shot a friends in a local tournament when my gun went down, and I loved the feel of the marker. I also want to get back into mechnical guns as I have strayed into the electro headache and forgotten my roots.

Thanks.

Kwaidd
09-13-2005, 09:51 AM
years ago, i bought a 68 classic w/pwrfeed so i could build it up from scratch and i was really glad i did. you can do anything you want with it, and that really allows you to make your marker unique. There are so many options, and you can modify the gun right out of the box for aftermarket triggers etc. Have had the gun for years and never once had a problem with it. it has always been accurate and easy to use/maintain. The only thing I experienced with the marker that i had to be mindful of, was that with no mods to the classic its possible to short trigger the gun. But, of course thats from me gettin sloppy and not goin fully through the trigger pull. Also, ive been wantin to upgrade to the x-valve for the performance reasons...but not wantin to trade in my old valve cuz i like having the option to use Co2 if im unable to get any air, or i play all day and can have co2 tanks as a backup if u run out on field. So of course that makes the upgrade pricy.
Anyways, i guess if you have the dinero for it all, id say go for the classic, buy the x-valve and the on/off valve upgrade (ule trigger pull kit)...and then deck it out the rest of the way any way you see fit.
have fun, it's a great marker. :headbang:

cheerz,

kw

Asym
09-13-2005, 11:29 AM
When/if you move from a twistlock body to a ULE you just have to remove the barrel twistlock assembly from the rail. ULE bodies will work with the standard classic and aftermarket alpha and benchmark rails.

Jaan
09-13-2005, 01:56 PM
I wouldn't bother starting with a classic if I were going to change all that. You would be pretty much changing the entire gun. I would start with a ULE 'Mag, it will be a lot cheaper. That way you have the body and x valve already and just need to put on the trigger frame you like. You can probably contact one of the dealers here and get everything you want, for a relatively good price, in one shot.

anomoly40
09-14-2005, 01:08 AM
I wouldn't bother starting with a classic if I were going to change all that. You would be pretty much changing the entire gun. I would start with a ULE 'Mag, it will be a lot cheaper. That way you have the body and x valve already and just need to put on the trigger frame you like. You can probably contact one of the dealers here and get everything you want, for a relatively good price, in one shot.

Well I don't have the money for all of that right now. I was thinking of picking up a reletively cheap classic on ebay(they're going for less than a $100!) and upgrading over time(a part here and there, christmas, birthday etc) but I would like to check locally (central AR) and see if any body is getting rid of one with most if not all of the parts I want. I would like to shoot the gun first to check for problems.

hardr0ck68
09-17-2005, 01:47 PM
either route is a great way to go! One of the nice things about starting the way you are is that you can learn alot about the theory, design and how to repair a mag by starting with a nice simple level 7 classic and upgrading peice by peice.