PDA

View Full Version : How do I replace the 12grm o ring on a pmi 2

m20power
09-13-2005, 02:11 PM
How do I replace the O ring that seals against the CO2 12 gram on a PMI 2, same thing as a PGP.
I took the gun apart with the valve tool I have and I can see that the Oring is torn in half. I called Sheridan and they told me that the o ring is glued in so it seems like the only way I can get to the o ring is to remove the unit that it rests on. I dont know how do to do this thou. The unit is inside the marker by about 6-7 inches and I cant get a tool t remove the current o ring and I think i would have problems installing the new one with it inside the gun.

If this is confusing I will be able to post a photo tonight.

-m20power

KayleAGD
09-13-2005, 02:50 PM
How do I replace the O ring that seals against the CO2 12 gram on a PMI 2, same thing as a PGP.
I took the gun apart with the valve tool I have and I can see that the Oring is torn in half. I called Sheridan and they told me that the o ring is glued in so it seems like the only way I can get to the o ring is to remove the unit that it rests on. I dont know how do to do this thou. The unit is inside the marker by about 6-7 inches and I cant get a tool t remove the current o ring and I think i would have problems installing the new one with it inside the gun.

If this is confusing I will be able to post a photo tonight.

-m20power

if you removed the valve with the valve tool then use a wooden dowel the size of the 12 gram neck. push down on the bad seal and the carrier should go out the back