PDA

View Full Version : a question about the valves

jtcass
09-13-2005, 06:18 PM
are the x valve, retro valve, emag valve, and rt valve all the same? can all do 26 bps? is an rt valve compatible with a 68 classic? :cheers:

Southpaw
09-13-2005, 06:26 PM
Yes.
Yes.
Yes.

Oh welcome to AO! If you dig for info using the search you will find answers to most questions that you will have.

goforbroke
09-15-2005, 04:21 PM
first, a RT valve and a retro valve are the same thing. A x valve and an emag valve are the same thing (correct me if iam wrong).

second, yes in theory

third, as far as i know they are not

ottomobile
09-16-2005, 09:10 AM
These are the valves:
68 classic
Minimag
RT
RTPro
Retro
Emag
Xvalve
Emax

68 Classic and Minimag are the same and run on CO2 or HPA.
RT is different and not compatible with anything but an RT
RTPro Retro and EMAG are the same
X-valve and EMax are the same and identical to the RTPro/Retro valves except they are made of alluminum instead of steel.

Any of the valves can be used on any of the guns except the RT. Emag/Xvalve/EMax and RTPro valves are interchangable except that the on/off pin has to swaped for an EMAG.

trxtr
09-16-2005, 06:36 PM
The ULT trigger is not recommended for the classic, or mini mag valve; drop right into the X's, and won't work in the RT's without it being proffessionally modified.

These are the valves:
68 classic
Minimag
RT
RTPro
Retro
Emag
Xvalve
Emax

X-valve and EMax are the same and identical to the RTPro/Retro valves except they are made of alluminum instead of steel.

Any of the valves can be used on any of the guns except the RT. Emag/Xvalve/EMax and RTPro valves are interchangable except that the on/off pin has to swaped for an EMAG.

automikey
09-16-2005, 06:58 PM
I think there are different sears. If you use a Retro or X valve on a 68 classic rail, you need to swap the sear from the 68 sear to the RT/X sear.

If someone knows more about this please post.

trxtr
09-16-2005, 07:39 PM
I've never had a problem with my Retro'd classic. I just dropped the valve in, everything else is stock (body, rail, grip). Though, it has a ult installed, and I know that makes the on/off length adjustable.

amrani
09-18-2005, 02:11 PM
These are the valves:
68 classic
Minimag
RT
RTPro
Retro
Emag
Xvalve
Emax

Beautifully said. The on/off's are the same in a minimag, classic and 68 classic. (68 classic being the later version with a star waranty.) the e-mag has an on/off compatible wiht onlly emags (possibly x-mags, but im not familliar with them). the Retro, RT pro, Emag, and Emax are the same, and an X is a Retro made out of aluminum saving lots of weight. any valve can be used with any sear. the rail (and possibly the rest of the lowers) dictates which sear to use, not the valve. Logic rails, and AM/MM rails use AM/MM sears. the rest use RT Pro Sears. E-mags (once again mostlikely x-mags) use special E-Mag sears becuses of the exectronic capibilities.

Hope all this helped

jtcass
09-18-2005, 08:45 PM
thanks this has been helpful

the one thing i've seen is that co2 on a classic valve isnt a good thing at all. n2 is the way to go no doubt about it!!!!!!!!!!

i've got another question, does the lvl 10 comsume more gas than the stock lvl7, meaning i'll get more shots per tank with the lvl 7?????