PDA

View Full Version : Halo b + rain?

canilive
09-16-2005, 02:57 PM
Would you guys think it will be ok to use the Halo during the rain? There is a scenario tomorrow, but rain is on the forecast. I will have my A5, but really wanted to use the real heat. Anyways, i would appreciate any tips, for this situation.

Automaggot68
09-16-2005, 02:58 PM
Would you guys think it will be ok to use the Halo during the rain? There is a scenario tomorrow, but rain is on the forecast. I will have my A5, but really wanted to use the real heat. Anyways, i would appreciate any tips, for this situation.

I've used my Reloader in the rain before.
Didn't have a problem.
I guess it'd depend on how hard it was raining.

68magOwner
09-16-2005, 02:59 PM
have played with my halo in freaking downpours, never had issues. With guns, i generally tape off any places that may get water on electronics (a seal of electrical tape between the body/trey/frame on the viking seems to do the trick), have played in lots of rain/dove into big puddles in games, ect, no problems

Chronobreak
09-16-2005, 04:30 PM
ive used and have never seen a halo go down to due rain issues

but yeah i suppose if it was a horrendous downpur and the board got wet somehow then ti is possible, but i wouldnt worry too much.

TheTramp
09-16-2005, 04:38 PM
I think you'll have more problems with swelling paint then with the Halo's electronics.

phantomhitman
09-16-2005, 04:54 PM
just dont leave the lid open too long...... ;)

NukeGoose
09-16-2005, 07:28 PM
Make sure that you empty out your hopper whenever you take a break, paint will swell up inside the raceway on a humid day.

coofoo777
09-17-2005, 01:16 PM
I've used my Reloader in the rain before.
Didn't have a problem.
I guess it'd depend on how hard it was raining.

same with me, it was fine...(but 1 sticker lost its life that day) :cry:

Blazestorm
09-17-2005, 01:34 PM
If you're playing in a scenario... don't try to sneak under a bridge via river... I mean... I got to the other teams spawn point... not up to my neck drenched (including 4 pods of paint) and considering my pods are water-proof I had no problems but you gotta make sure of that. For some reason my paint kinda swelled and got stuck in my reloader though... that was odd... -_-

billmi
09-19-2005, 03:15 PM
In their first issue Splat magazine said you should wrap a loader in a plastic bag to protect it from the rain.

I'm not sure why, since the loader is made of plastic that rain won't get through. If you're really worried, tape the seam between the two halves with electrical tape, but really, I've never had a problem with rain or condensation getting through that seam.