PDA

View Full Version : I'm gonna get a phantom

PaInTbALL zAcH
12-05-2001, 07:30 PM
I've been really into them for a while and when i saw the new micro phantoms it looked like a perfect way to practice accuracy and being conservative. Most the local tournies I play are hopperball (200 ball limit per game). It sucks when you run out and since i got my retro ive been shooting tons of paint. This should help. Also most people at my local field are newbies so they need a fighting chance against me. I'm probably gonna get it a little after XMAS. Write your experiences with em here.

By the way Im gettin a Vertical air/ horizontal feed micro
like in the pic

Major Ho
12-05-2001, 09:03 PM
Ive always wanted/consider one too. Tell me how it turns out and how you like it.
What is holding me back is everyone here has a few extra bucks lying around so they are toting an angel or imp of some sort. What am I to do agaisnt that?
(I'd still use it anyways for shoots and giggles :D)

PaInTbALL zAcH
12-05-2001, 09:43 PM
The reason Im getting it is to try to get stock popular again where I live. A lot of people where i live have them but dont use them becuz no one plays stock. Im just gonna use it to save some money on paint and see what it was like when thats what they played with. It also helps with alot of basic tactics. When I go up to my local field I usually use an SL 68. It is Really banged up and old and goes like 50 feet but I can still take people out almost as if i were using my mag.

Restola
12-05-2001, 09:50 PM
i shot a phantom for quite a while. i was an absolutly perfect gun. i would get as many elims with it as i would with my semis. it was a gravity feed/ca, but im sure you will love ANY config you get of a phantom. and Mike C is the greatest (only company that can truely compete with AGD)

PaInTbALL zAcH
12-05-2001, 09:51 PM
The reason Im getting it is to try to get stock popular again where I live. A lot of people where i live have them but dont use them becuz no one plays stock. Im just gonna use it to save some money on paint and see what it was like when thats what they played with. It also helps with alot of basic tactics. When I go up to my local field I usually use an SL 68. It is Really banged up and old and goes like 50 feet but I can still take people out almost as if i were using my mag.

[NA]WARLORD
12-05-2001, 09:58 PM
Phantom is to pump guns what AGD is to semis !!!! hands down either style of play you cant beat there products. i played pump back in the 80's, started with a tricked Nel-Spot, jumped up to a second hand Line S.I. Bushmaster Deluxe,former Bad Company sig.series gun, then bought a direct fed, auto trigger, bottomline Phantom, ano. green, still have it to this day. very accurate with stock barrel, more so than my freaky mini, I S..T U NOT !!!!!

TheBigRaguPB4L
12-05-2001, 10:59 PM
phantom's are great pump guns. my friend had a phantom and the thning soared. i would get one, but i'm working on building a few more mags. just not worth it to me. i have an old sl-68 too. it works pretty good for a pump. just not as good as the phantom, but i'm good enough to compensate.

deded
12-05-2001, 11:10 PM
Where can you get them?

I have an old trracer pump that I never use...

But if I had a marker that looked as sweet as that, I would use it any day.

Tbone
12-05-2001, 11:58 PM
Phantoms, in my opinion, are the best pump gun made. My best friend used to have one and he would just kick *** with it. The local store by me stopped carrying them and when I asked why it was because they wanted more room to display the Angels. That's just sad, just plain sad....:(

headcase
12-06-2001, 12:05 AM
Way off topic but anyway.........

PaInTbALL zAcH -- your from Niceville, is your family Air Force? Just thought it was funny, my wife's family lives there, she graduated from high school in 96

Later
SSDD

Big_Magnum357
12-06-2001, 02:15 AM
I have a black and red tiger striped phantom. I also have the micro barrel. This marker rocks. You should see the looks on peoples faces when you hit them with one shot. It really helps you become a better player. I start out with my semi but always end with my Phantom as I run low on paint. Great customer service. Mike makes all of the phantoms himself. He is a wealth of knowledge.

sajohnston
12-06-2001, 05:17 AM
I have owned mine since 1990. I bought it from a then co-owner of Wayne's World in Ocala, famous for thier 24hr scenario games. It is a 14" (I believe, it is in storage in the states) gravity feed, I have both CA and 12 gram setups. I was the second owner, I bought it during a 24 hour tournament when my Tippman SMG 68 was on the fritz. I bought it, gassed it, stuck a MASSIVE VL 200 round box on it and played the rest of the 24hr game with it. Since then in 1990 I have only cleaned it and had to replace the CO2 tank O Ring. This alone is a testament to its construction, but keep in mind it has seen periods of heavy play and long periods of storage (imagine a gun boxed in an attic for several years). Right now it is in storage while I am here (2 years) but I have no doubt it will perform flawlessly when I gas it up next. Also my pick for #1 pump gun, though I have never fired a Sterling and heard good things about them.

It will improve your game. No doubt tactics and precision have given way to "he who can afford the most paint." I use it regularly on fields littered with high end semis and still remain competitive. They are sold by Component Concepts, Inc at http://www.phantomonline.com/ They can be found on ebay and Warpig frequently as well. They do hold their value reasonably well.

Steve

irbodden
12-06-2001, 06:38 AM
Microphantom? That is soo perdy.

Puddleglum
12-06-2001, 09:17 AM
Yeah Man, Phantoms are awsome. A friend of mine has one with an Armson barrel on it and that thing strikes fear into the hearts on Cocker owners everywhere. Hehe

Maybe later you could put an Auto Kit on it and call it an AutoPhocker. J/K

LoveMyMag
12-06-2001, 10:05 AM
Man it's been a while since I've posted but this one managed to bring me out of the shadows. I picked up a used phantom last year after my local field had a rush of 10 year olds. I let them use my mag while I played with the phantom. The gun rocks. Accurate, quite, light, simple to disassemble, everything that you want. Whoever said that phantoms are the Mags of the pump world was right on.

hitech
12-06-2001, 11:42 AM
I don't want to tell you what I paid for it! :D
It changed my whole game. Great gun. I played against semis (back when I could still pump) and had no problem. Mike stands behind his products.

Yipe
12-06-2001, 12:14 PM
The Phantom is an absolutely fantastic marker - you won't regret your purchase. They are smooth, light-weight, well-made and illogically accurate. Best of all, with minimal maintenance they last forever. The analogy of the Phantom/CCI as the pump version of the Automag/AGD is a good comparison.

Like a few others here, I purchased my first one in 1990 (black 1-piece 11") and still use it today. In fact, I liked the Phantom so much a bought a second one a few years back (black 2-piece 14" VSC). I still can't decide if I like the Phantom or my Mag better so I usually switch off seasons. One year I play with the Mag, the other with the Phantom :)

Enjoy!

Sincerely,

Matt

P.S. Everyone is right on target about Mike Cassidy. I live only 30 minutes from CCI's headquarters in Newberg, Oregon and have visited Mike a few times. He has always been extremely helpful, returning my calls and answering my questions promptly. On one visit, he even swapped out my microline with a hardline kit on my VSC Phantom for free.

pito189
12-06-2001, 01:02 PM
Stupid question, but can the phantom shoot at 290 consistently? This guy at my field had one and he was shooting 260 all day.

toymyster
12-06-2001, 01:55 PM
That looks sweet!!! I wonder if I can get the barrel/pump grip for mine??!!!?

AGDmagman2001
12-06-2001, 02:02 PM
I'm thinking about getting a pump too. Anyone used a Sniper II.

PaInTbALL zAcH
12-06-2001, 03:13 PM
Headcase, My dad is a retired colonel from the air force. What's your wife's family's last name?

sajohnston
12-07-2001, 04:18 AM
velocity is easily adjusted by inserting a long "t-handled" allen wrench down the barrel (comes with the marker). It is possible to shoot well over 300fps so 290 consistently is no big deal.

pito189
12-07-2001, 11:05 PM
Ok thanks, guy must have not known what he was doing.