PDA

View Full Version : What company would you like to see AGD team up with?

FreakBaller12
09-18-2005, 06:05 AM
Well in Miscue's thread, Tom responded by saying AGD is still around and is looking for a big buisness to team up with. They are still around just need money to get going again.
The question is, what big paintball company would you like to see team up with and what kind of part would they put out together? Keep in mind it has to be a big buisness so that throws AKA and Palmers out the door.

Kwaidd
09-18-2005, 06:39 AM
ive been out of the loop too long now to know what the big guys around are...but can you find one of those big, money making companies and still retain the integrity in your design and product line and keep the personalized service that AGD has been known for?

mebbe, i dunno

Lohman446
09-18-2005, 08:07 AM
I think that the mag is the best affordable mechanical marker out there at this point, and at this point distribution and market is as much a problem as anything. I look at up and coming scenario products by BT that could just as easily be made for the Tac-5 in a partnership deal. I look at Empire and see at some point they will move at least some product towards scenario play - perhaps a mag would fit in well.

What big company is going to make an investment into AGD that does not end with the need to outsource the manufacturer of equipment to compete and increase profit level?

mag88888
09-18-2005, 09:03 AM
ICD, i could see them having mags for the other side of their productline since they just came out with lots of electros. but its just not that easy, to pick a company and now your partners with them. or even tippmann, mags could be the top of their line. im just throwing names around so whatever. wow, i got it WGP, lol.

buzzboy
09-18-2005, 09:11 AM
WGP. Now wouldn't that be funny. The two top names in mech. :rofl:

Chronobreak
09-18-2005, 09:19 AM
I think that the mag is the best affordable mechanical marker out there at this point, and at this point distribution and market is as much a problem as anything. I look at up and coming scenario products by BT that could just as easily be made for the Tac-5 in a partnership deal. I look at Empire and see at some point they will move at least some product towards scenario play - perhaps a mag would fit in well.

What big company is going to make an investment into AGD that does not end with the need to outsource the manufacturer of equipment to compete and increase profit level?

couldnt agree more

it would have to be somone that would keep tolerances, and probly production in US(mag prices would not change much probly, other than downa tad if done in alrge batches)

K2? they seem like they could probly do it

and buzzboy, theyr under k2 now i beleive too soo...

but cockers CAN be made with crappy tolerances..

Maggot6
09-18-2005, 09:38 AM
I think if AGD still wants to head to the scenario market then, Ben Tippmann is growing steadily.. But I'm not sure if he's considered "big"...

deathstalker
09-18-2005, 10:01 AM
Tippmann isn't the company they once were, either.

warbeak2099
09-18-2005, 10:13 AM
I'd like to see them with DYE or WDP. They're both big, mass producing companies, but their products are also pretty high quality. They seem to actually care about QC more than the other huge manufactoring powers in paintball. And neither has tapped the scenario market yet...

ojhspyro89
09-18-2005, 10:20 AM
AGD and ICD would be good. Because they are both 3 letter abreviations.

Both these companies are the under dog. Everyone looks down on thier product, unless theyve owned or shot one.

GT
09-18-2005, 10:23 AM
BS,
Look at the inovation that has come out of the dealers forum from guys who dont have access to massive amounts of capitol and other resources. Money is just an excuse for lack of inovation.

Head knight of Ni
09-18-2005, 10:30 AM
BS,
Look at the inovation that has come out of the dealers forum from guys who dont have access to massive amounts of capitol and other resources. Money is just an excuse for lack of inovation.

Not with the fear of patents.

Chris_automag_07
09-18-2005, 10:31 AM
how about smart parts :)

O.G.king
09-18-2005, 12:08 PM
Hmmm...that's a good question. I would have to say Planet Eclipse, Kingman, or WGP. But, that's just my oppinion, AGD will probably surprise us all anyways.

WARPED1
09-18-2005, 12:36 PM
how about smart parts :)
I'd like to see that. Considering the All Americans were either sponsored by AGD or just shot mags exclusively and made a "private label"(Smart Mag), back in the pre-egun days.

AGDlover
09-18-2005, 12:39 PM
WDP is who the only componey I would like to see them with. Peroid

peewee
09-18-2005, 12:44 PM
:) I remember back then , it was a solid match. AA worked hard & were seen blue coller guys doing it right. It was great to see them start a business & back then everyone supported them. Teamed up with SP could be a power house match.

SpecialBlend2786
09-18-2005, 01:00 PM
WDP or AKA

or MacDev :ninja:

WARPED1
09-18-2005, 01:07 PM
WDP or AKA

or MacDev :ninja:
Did you even read the first post?! AKA is no longer considered a "big" company.

SpecialBlend2786
09-18-2005, 01:21 PM
Did you even read the first post?! AKA is no longer considered a "big" company.

ha, my bad, i missed that part. and all of a sudden ICD is though?

I scratch out AKA and in its place put Warped Sportz.

Dark Mag's would be awesome.

edweird
09-18-2005, 01:22 PM
/cough ~NDA~

ClassicMagger
09-18-2005, 02:07 PM
Hey:

Well, I dunno if you guys consider Shocktech "big." But they do work in conjunction with several companies including at one point AGD. Can we say SFL E-Mag. Maybe another gun together maybe some parts....dunno, but something would be better than nothing, to you guys right?

-ClassicMagger

Dawg047
09-18-2005, 02:08 PM
I would like to see AGD paired up with WDP as well.I believe that everyone holds WDP as such a high and prestiege company when it comes to quality and innovation and I want to see the mag hold its level of quality and inovation as well. Not to mention they could do something wicked like a FLY'ED X-mag or something of that nature.

MadPSIence
09-18-2005, 02:13 PM
AKA and AGD would be just.. stupid crazy.

WARPED1
09-18-2005, 02:25 PM
ha, my bad, i missed that part. and all of a sudden ICD is though?

I scratch out AKA and in its place put Warped Sportz.

Dark Mag's would be awesome.
I think ICD is owned by National now, if not they have to be the exclusive distibuter. A Dark X would be nice, Predatored of course! :)

Automaggot68
09-18-2005, 02:26 PM
I think ICD is owned by National now, if not they have to be the exclusive distibuter. A Dark X would be nice, Predatored of course! :)

I have to agree, I think ICD is under the NPS family now.

ClassicMagger
09-18-2005, 02:29 PM
Hey:

Okay people, not to burst any bubbles. But I'm a realist. Most MAJOR companies such as: WDP, K2 and everyone they own, have simply no need for AGD.

If anyone where to team up with AGD or who AGD should go after for a partnership. I'd suggest CP, or Check-It, or one of the other semi-large small parts manufacturers.

Lets think about it. A company that already has its own guns doesn't need another one. Get a company that is on the same level as AGD that is widely known i.e. CP, Shocktech, or Check-it, or any of the many many others.

I'd suggest CP or Shocktech. Both create their own small parts. Shocktech then further customizes guns for several companies. But in conjunction with AGD, a "new" gun could be created. Not a new platform...at least yet. But another gun of the month. Don't you all remember how ICD was nearly dead a year ago. Then the Freestyle came out....same basic design as many many other guns, not a new platform. It capitulated them back into some money.

Why not a small(er) company? Unless we are talking about a company outside of the mainstream in Paintball. I don't know what Mr. Kaye had been talking about for a company. You gotta start out somewhere, and I can tell you one thing, a company with a gun already in the works and selling well, won't want to team up with another gun company. Its called competition this business stuff.

-ClassicMagger

*Sorry, probably not all that coherent. I'm at work, and really busy, but I knew if I didn't say something now, I'd forget. Hopefully will fix this post later tonight. But be realistic guys....

WARPED1
09-18-2005, 02:29 PM
manike, can you confirm or deny? I call upon the power of the misplaced Brit!

Shocktech already tried a private label mag, The SFL Emag anyone?

MisterBones25
09-18-2005, 03:01 PM
custom products would be great, i mean how many mags out there have cp parts on them? i know i do. i can definatly see cp making VA's and posibly rails. warped sports would also be another great company, but they deal in the more "high end guns".

Automaggot68
09-18-2005, 03:10 PM
custom products would be great, i mean how many mags out there have cp parts on them? i know i do. i can definatly see cp making VA's and posibly rails. warped sports would also be another great company, but they deal in the more "high end guns".

Actually, I agree with you.
Every thing I own has custom products on it.

NigelF
09-18-2005, 03:18 PM

which is funny, because they're really not custom are they?

PS, I use CP prodcuts too!!! I just find the name funny.

FreakBaller12
09-18-2005, 03:20 PM
Magger brings up a very good point I think.
As far as shocktech goes, when the sfl emag was in production, did it sell like hotcakes, or sell slowly?

Automaggot68
09-18-2005, 03:27 PM
Magger brings up a very good point I think.
As far as shocktech goes, when the sfl emag was in production, did it sell like hotcakes, or sell slowly?

Well, I dont know if that could even be applicable, how many were there in all? Something ike, 35, 37? maybe more? I dont recall the numbers, but I'd like to know as well, how did they sell?

FreakBaller12
09-18-2005, 03:39 PM
I was thinking that too, if it was too short of a production time for it to even be measured.
Shocktech is a very good idea though. They have a rep for good looking markers and good quality and they're still not in the big dawgs IMO but they have "flavor of the month" markers. Perfect IMO.

Automaggot68
09-18-2005, 03:45 PM
I was thinking that too, if it was too short of a production time for it to even be measured.
Shocktech is a very good idea though. They have a rep for good looking markers and good quality and they're still not in the big dawgs IMO but they have "flavor of the month" markers. Perfect IMO.

Agreed on all points.

GT
09-18-2005, 04:26 PM
Not with the fear of patents.

So is SP the only one making electros? Didnt think so....

warbeak2099
09-18-2005, 07:42 PM
Huh, I agree with Chronobreak. Shocktech and AGD would be awesome. That there is a team-up I'd like to see... no, THE team-up I'd like to see.

FreakBaller12
09-18-2005, 07:48 PM
but what would they produce :Oo:

CKY_Alliance
09-18-2005, 07:53 PM
How about powerlyte? Not the biggest company but they apperently want a gun to market/sell...there attempt at the ices(sp) seemed to be a good one..or what i saw of it.

MadPSIence
09-18-2005, 07:58 PM
how about CCM? I mean, they do have guns but it's not like the appeal or sales of said guns are phenomenal. CCM makes what they make of very high quality though... I just don't know how much money or manufacturing power they have.

whoever AGD partnered with, would need RESOURCE more than anything.

AGD needs a merger with someone like that company that snatched up Tippmann.

nirvana1234
09-18-2005, 08:15 PM
id say either ICD OR PPS

MadPSIence
09-18-2005, 08:19 PM
id say either ICD OR PPS

do you even read.. or just read the title, skip to the end and throw in a 1 sentence answer?

Recon by Fire
09-19-2005, 04:33 AM
Microsoft! Your electronic display would have Windows CE and just think about all the tons of cash MS could dump into the projects! They could bundle mags too into the purchase of a new PC. But if you misfire you will have to turn the mag off and turn it back on again :)

hipster
09-19-2005, 09:37 AM
eclipse

TheGrindPunk
09-19-2005, 09:07 PM
What about Lapco or Redz? I own a lot of products by both, and they both are companies of high quality IMO.
And just wondering why not just a company that has the material, machinery, and capital...... not necessarily a paintball company.

Commissar_Loki
09-19-2005, 09:38 PM
I'd say a mix of company's. J&J to start with, since the products imo are very well done. Odyssey would be another good company, CP and PMI.... Although PMi just discarded their AGD stock and wants nothing to do with them anymore sadly.

-Butch

Ole Unka Phil
09-20-2005, 09:25 AM
Maybe they should start making Nail guns.... the rumors were already out there. Lots of rebuilding going on in WeezyAnna....

SCpoloRicker
09-20-2005, 10:20 AM
Maybe they should start making Nail guns.... the rumors were already out there. Lots of rebuilding going on in WeezyAnna....

:spit_take

/STD

Chronobreak
09-20-2005, 03:18 PM
what was the company that agd had an add witha while back?

if i recall ti was some scenario stuff and some girl with like 8 arms holding some guns...

what about them, and does anyone know what im talking about? :tard:

JRingold
09-21-2005, 05:53 PM
I vote for Playboy Enterprises, Inc. ;)

They have great marketing, a lot of money, are out of Chicago and well, sex sells.

trevorjk
09-21-2005, 05:57 PM
this one is SOOO easy!

VIVID!

we'd be marketing to billions with out even knowing it :-D

just think of the possibilities!

*** damnit stupid slow computer.... i still think vivid is better then playboy ;)

mag88888
09-21-2005, 06:00 PM
maybe we can make huge signs that send out subliminal messages to buy AGD stuff... :)

latches109
09-21-2005, 06:42 PM
Another company to show safety in diversifying to an outdoor sport. e.g. software techs, food suppliers, Budweiser... beer and paintball----> hooo nooo :cheers: + :shooting: =

edit:jringgold: that would fun for AGD. Then have AOer parties at the mansion :D

SpecialBlend2786
09-21-2005, 07:20 PM

Indeed. I love CP as well.

Shocktech would be awesome. AGD has already worked with them in the past (SFL's).

New Designz makes some awesome stuff as well.

r-unit
09-21-2005, 08:06 PM
I'd like to see them with DYE or WDP. They're both big, mass producing companies, but their products are also pretty high quality. They seem to actually care about QC more than the other huge manufactoring powers in paintball. And neither has tapped the scenario market yet...

qft. high quality, proven stuff with great customer service. i'd rock an autotrix :ninja:

MonsterMag
09-21-2005, 08:24 PM
Shocktech
A new line of SFL Mags :D

JRingold
09-21-2005, 08:52 PM
this one is SOOO easy!

VIVID!

we'd be marketing to billions with out even knowing it :-D

just think of the possibilities!

*** damnit stupid slow computer.... i still think vivid is better then playboy ;)

Vivid Entertainment isn't mainstream enough. Sure, many of us know who they are and what product they sell, but no one would honestly say they are a reputable company. Besides Vivid Entertainment Group isn't that big of a player in the overall entertainment market. I would rather see AGD partner with Cedar Fair LP, or Six Flags and see if we can bring paintball to the amusement parks across america.

tipp-ed off
09-21-2005, 09:00 PM
Pro-team products!

FreakBaller12
09-22-2005, 06:26 AM
Gatorade, Powerade?
We could team up and have a national commercial about paintball and how XXX product gives you energy for a grueling sport!

Aslan
09-24-2005, 01:24 AM
Even though I don't like players that use Tippmanns (not really, many just annoy me)...I think they would be a good fit. They have the low level distribution...are hugely popular in rec ball and scenario play and could use AGD to emerge into a higher end market...maybe make a better quality A5.

bleachit
09-24-2005, 01:41 AM
how about a company that already has made a deal with SP...

they make the electronics, AGD makes the marker... ????

Aslan
09-24-2005, 06:22 PM
As long as it's not National Paintball Supply...after what I went through with their tech service in the past...I'd have to sell my Mag. :cry:

I'm also leary about WGP...if they takeover AGD...then the site will be flooded with PBNation cocker users. :shooting:

MadPSIence
09-24-2005, 06:29 PM
WGP is owned by BE & friends now..

sicone
09-25-2005, 09:04 PM
id have to say kingman both are great on customer service and have great products, plus the spyderamag is awesome so a mass made version, Automag back in the spot light baby

Aslan
09-26-2005, 12:51 AM
id have to say kingman both are great on customer service and have great products, plus the spyderamag is awesome so a mass made version, Automag back in the spot light baby

That's an awesome idea!! :clap: :clap:

Duzzy
09-26-2005, 01:14 AM
I'd like to see Tom win the lotto and pair up with Logic or DevilsDen, buy a bunch of frames and make some cool guns.

ULE Automags with the "agg" anodizing jobs. When was the last time you saw an Automag (That wasn't given an aftermarket anodize job or an X-mag.) with a fade? I have seen a few E-mags but few and far between... (The only thing I could think of that would be better would be a Karta Pump Mag with a Rasta ano job... Purty...)

Give some out as prizes at Major Tournaments and start selling the rest.

Automaggot68
09-26-2005, 09:20 AM
I'd like to see Tom win the lotto and pair up with Logic or DevilsDen, buy a bunch of frames and make some cool guns.

ULE Automags with the "agg" anodizing jobs. When was the last time you saw an Automag (That wasn't given an aftermarket anodize job or an X-mag.) with a fade? I have seen a few E-mags but few and far between... (The only thing I could think of that would be better would be a Karta Pump Mag with a Rasta ano job... Purty...)

Give some out as prizes at Major Tournaments and start selling the rest.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v36/StaticKnight/P1010033.jpg

sicone
09-26-2005, 09:49 PM
not to toot my own horn but i think the owner of AGD should really look into kingman if the mag chame with a durable affordable and tournament realy e trigger sales would jump dramaticlly. the reason all my friends dont have a mag is that they dont want any mechs cause electro is in with the tourney crowd

JRingold
10-21-2005, 09:08 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v36/StaticKnight/P1010033.jpg

Nice boxers.

What if they partnered with Special Ops Paintball and had new ways to market the flagship Tac-One in kewl digital camoflauge? Wait....err...nevermind.

11 Bravo
10-21-2005, 09:20 PM
not to toot my own horn but i think the owner of AGD should really look into kingman if the mag chame with a durable affordable and tournament realy e trigger sales would jump dramaticlly. the reason all my friends dont have a mag is that they dont want any mechs cause electro is in with the tourney crowd

Amen! u got that right.

magsRus
10-23-2005, 05:44 PM
Bob Long.... that'd be neat lol

ottomobile
10-23-2005, 06:29 PM
I would like to see Planet Eclipse buy them. They've only started making their own markers in the last couple years and back in the day they made the best accessories. The Mag would be an awesome low-mid range marker for them since most people cant afford and evo.

Besides, if PE bought AGD they could hold WGP at their mercy by moving the E2 frame from cocker to mag! :D

Geoff Call
10-24-2005, 10:23 PM
There are deffinitely a few companies I wouldn't want AGD to team up with.

Think about it. If National Paintball Supply made mags, everything would be outsourced to the lowest bidder. All the parts would be made of tin foil, hopes and dreams, and they would rename it "Intimidator."

I agree with several people though that most companies that have a marker(electronic) that sells, wouldn't want a tag along mechanical marker.

I don't feel that NPS, ICD, or SP, would put the quality into their products like AGD does. I've seen their markers become cheaper and cheaper as the days go by. It's getting to a point that the companies are buying each other not to make better products but to see who owns more companies. Then the products they buy are made by the same manufacturers in China and stamped with different names.

Like to ski? Buy an autococker!

Though I do think Shocktech, DYE, WDP, Check-it, would and do put that type of quality into their products. Also these companies are actively helping grow the paintball community by not sueing the the god loving poo out of everybody for everything possible.

Nothing feels quite as solid as an AGD Automag. Period.

If I had it my way, AGD would just be AGD forever.

DaveSM
10-24-2005, 11:00 PM
Though I do think Shocktech, DYE, WDP, Check-it, would and do put that type of quality into their products. Also these companies are actively helping grow the paintball community by not sueing the the god loving poo out of everybody for everything possible.

That's not 100% true. Dye hold the spool valve patent and the hold it tight believe me.

Geoff Call
10-25-2005, 11:30 AM
That's not 100% true. Dye hold the spool valve patent and the hold it tight believe me.

This is true, but they are allowing other companies to use the spool valve, for the right price. They aren't keeping it to themselves entirely. I'm sure WDP likes the patent on electronic triggers but they're not completely heartless about it.

I'll agree that Dye might be a patent hog in some aspects and not be a great choice, but much better than most.

AnimalMother
10-26-2005, 11:50 PM
I would really like to see AGD merge with AKA. The Viking and Excal are top-notch electros, with a good design. And besides the Merlin and Black Widow, which are both old anyway, I don't think AKA has any mechanical markers in their repertoire.