PDA

View Full Version : Emag mech mode issues

TheDuelist
09-18-2005, 09:49 PM
I have been having problems with my Emag lately. Initially the thing wouldn't fire at all in either mode. The solenoid would click in E mode but it wouldn't fire. In mech mode I got nothing. After messing around with it today I figured out my solenoid plunger was out of spec and managed to fix that. I know can shoot in E mode but still have nothing in mech mode. I rarely have issue with this thing that when I do have a problem I am searching on the forums to diagnose the problem. I haven't quite found a solution yet so any help you guys could provide would be appreciated.

Just a note I have replaced all the orings in the valve as well as the on/off pin. I am running a flatline air system with an input pressure of about 850 psi. The Xvalve is set with the smallest carrier and two shims straight out of the basic install including the middle size spring. Thanks ahead of time.

master_alexander
09-18-2005, 11:25 PM
yea it has to be in the valve, check the powertube stuff ind open up the back of the valve and see if there is annything in there. if yuo can, just to make sure put the valve in a different gun and try it.

deadeye9
09-19-2005, 11:14 AM
You might want to try adjusting the trigger rod on the sear assembly.

TheDuelist
09-19-2005, 05:15 PM
The trigger rod seems to be within spec. I don't have a way to measure it accurately. I would rather not adjust anything that might throw something off somewhere else. Its supposed to work where its at. As for the valve, I have gone through it several times and have yet to find anything out of the ordinary. I have tried adjusting my input pressure to increase reactivity and nothing seems to work.

Tunaman
09-19-2005, 05:56 PM
Make sure the trigger rod does NOT hit the back of the trigger in Emode when gassed up.

Maggot6
09-19-2005, 06:53 PM
Do you have another mech mag? Just shove the valve in there...If it works...(assuming the on/off is right) then you know it;s your E part of the mag.../Lowers....

Pretty obvious advice...But I'd figure I'd give it a try. Good luck.

TheDuelist
09-20-2005, 06:42 PM
I don't have another marker to swap with unfortunately. When I gas it up the trigger rod doesn't hit the trigger in mech mode at all. There is a small gap. It fires without issue in E mode which is why i'm confounded. I normally don't use mech mode but would like to know its there if i do need it.

athomas
09-21-2005, 10:01 AM
Put the marker in mechanical mode. Hold the trigger in. Adjust the trigger rod out until the sear clears the the bolt edge. Now put the marker in emode and adjust the trigger stop so that the trigger doesn't hit the trigger rod when the sear is fully forward. You may have to readjust the electrical firing point of the HES trigger magnet.

Try to fire the marker in mechanical mode now. It should work, especially since the valve was working in emode.