PDA

View Full Version : RT leaking

piperhutch
09-19-2005, 06:34 PM
There are a few problems. First off, the back reg leaks sometimes after shooting a few shots then stops if I shoot once or twice, its only a small leak but its there. the other thing is when I fire if I pull the trigger all the way back it leaks down the barrel, it doesnt leak the whole tank or anything but just a small amount thats like left over or somthing.

The RT valve is on a classic steal body with a 47/3000 tank. and I was using a intelliframe but from now till I buy one it will still be the the standered one finger trigger frame.
I had just lubed the RT the day before playing.

Can you put a ULE trigger pull kit on this valve?

Edit: I dont know is this makes a difference but its a micro mag RT

piperhutch
09-20-2005, 12:03 AM
25 views and no replys? I need this working so I can play this week

piperhutch
09-21-2005, 12:09 AM
now I hear the micro mag RT on/off pin is shorter then the other RTs will this make a difference on my 68mag?

pimpnsince1987
09-21-2005, 01:28 AM
lvl 10 bolt if yes then turn up volocity and add stronger spring
that will stop leaking from the barrel if no lvl 10 sorry can helpp you there.

you can put the ul trigger on it.

athomas
09-21-2005, 08:37 AM
If the retro valve is one of the new black aluminum x-valves, then you can use the ULE trigger pull kit (ULT). If the valve is an older retro valve with the stainless steel front half, then you need to check to see if it uses a single on-off top oring or two top orings (one inside the other). Only the valves with 2 top orings will accept the ULT.

Clean your valve and check your orings. You may need to replace your regulator seat oring. It is also quite possible that your regulator piston assembly is worn out and in need of replacing.

If you pull and hold the trigger back on a level 7 mag, there should be no leaking. If you pull and hold the trigger back on a level 10 mag, there will be a slight leak for a moment as the some residual pressure leaks around the bolt stem. This due to the carrier oring being fairly loose on the bolt stem until the chamber is at a high enough pressure.

The micromag on-off pin is shorter than a standard pin but should work. If you have full auto problems, then you may need to get the .750" on-off pin.