PDA

View Full Version : pressure trouble

db03
09-20-2005, 05:49 AM
just got my retro mag back from AGD yesterday (those guys are great...very good customer service!!!!!) and when i got it back the even tested it at 287 fps. when i saw this i figured hell yeah i will gas up a go play. the paintball store at my house was closed so i went to walmart and got some scorch paint just so i could play. when i put my tank on and shot like every other ball expoded and a strange burning smell came out the end of the barrel. any thoughts on this one guys?

I turned the velocity down and it was a bit better but still the burning smell with a bit of gas or smoke out the front. should i turn it back up and shoot different paint or does it just need a crap load more oil?

My gun has never has been this picky with paint when i had my old valve ... can a retro valve do this??

Dayspring
09-20-2005, 07:39 AM
First off, don't use walmart paint. That stuff has been sitting for MONTHS and can be in a truck or warehouse not being refrigerated.

Use good paint and then get back to us.

db03
09-20-2005, 08:28 AM
First off, don't use walmart paint. That stuff has been sitting for MONTHS and can be in a truck or warehouse not being refrigerated.

Use good paint and then get back to us.

thanks for the post ... yeah i am going today to get some diff paint.... but yeah i will give yall a post to let you know how it went....... but is that burning smell normal.

athomas
09-20-2005, 02:31 PM
Probably the smell of the broken paint.

db03
09-20-2005, 06:47 PM
ok i have it not breaking paint as much now that it is on xball bronze but it breaks a few still. it is shooting at 270 give or take a few fps but it shoots 2 and 3 balls at a time that is what is breaking them. any thought oh how to get it to just one at a time. by 2 and 3 balls at once i mean each trigger pull shoots that many. but i am getting there and thanks for all of yalls help on this one

Coralis
09-20-2005, 08:18 PM
sounds like your ball detent may need adjusting/replacing if you are feeding that many paintballs at a time. what type of main body does your mag have , the old school steel body or a ult body?

athomas
09-21-2005, 06:25 AM
Do you mean that 2 or 3 balls shoot when the gun fires or the gun fires 2 or 3 times when you pull the trigger?

db03
09-22-2005, 10:18 AM
i have a micromag body that i think is steel... but the sear that holds the balls is plastic.
and yeah when i pull the trigger one time it spits out 2 or 3 balls. this is causin them sometimes hit each other in the barrel of my marker and break like a mother. it makes me sad

athomas
09-22-2005, 07:00 PM
Micromag bodies are aluminum.

Check your plastic detent that holds the balls from rolling forward in the breach. Degass the gun and take the barrel off. Put some balls into the feed neck and press them down to see if they will roll past the detent. You may need a new spring.

db03
09-22-2005, 07:36 PM
yeah that is the problem i guess they just fall right out of the gun. if i get a new spring that will hold them so it will only shoot one at a time again?? if so where can i get a new one?? the spring is very little

:shooting: ahhhhhhhhh!!!! die you electro markers die!!!!

athomas
09-23-2005, 05:26 AM
Check that the detent goes in far enough first. Hold the detent in with your finger to see if it makes a difference.

If you need a spring, call Proteam Products or maybe you can find one that will work at a hobby shop.