PDA

View Full Version : bluetooth's involment in paintball.

CKY_Alliance
09-20-2005, 06:15 PM
Well i believe it has been discussed before but i figured i would give it a thread since i myself have some questions.

While at the field last saturday a couple of guys were talking about a g7 one of them was going to purchase from bob at tag..anyway apparently the g7 has bluetooth built in and the new cheetah board from tag and ghost board (dun know anything about it,both hopper boards) have bluetooth built in as well so there is a wireless intel-feed. If it is possible to send signals from board to hopper why not from PDA,black-berry, or lap-top to board?
This could have positive benefits but also think of the negatives that come with it...ramping bps and fps is already a problem.I dont know much about bluetooth except that it can send things wirelessly.
discuss~~explain etc.

ojhspyro89
09-20-2005, 06:21 PM
Thatd be another reason for WDP to double thier price of thier guns to $3000, just because THIER gun comes with a remote control :tard:

onedude36
09-20-2005, 06:29 PM
hmmm... Illegal ramping, OH NOES A REF! ramping off. Ok, back on.

hmmm... coaches controling how much his players *illegaly* ramp. Neat idea. I love inovation. :clap:

master_alexander
09-20-2005, 06:31 PM
yea, they could have co- players on the sidelines controlling ramping or bounce or whatever. that is cool from a technology standpoint, but from having someone using it on you? ill pass...

FreakBaller12
09-20-2005, 06:36 PM
hmmm... Illegal ramping, OH NOES A REF! ramping off. Ok, back on.

hmmm... coaches controling how much his players *illegaly* ramp. Neat idea. I love inovation. :clap:
or have refs control it! Now theres an idea.. :wow:

temps
09-20-2005, 08:13 PM
yea, they could have co- players on the sidelines controlling ramping or bounce or whatever. that is cool from a technology standpoint, but from having someone using it on you? ill pass...

Or hack into the board and cause all sorts of technical difficulties for the other team :argh:

Chronobreak
09-20-2005, 08:28 PM
i would have to check my communications book but i believe blutooth has a wave cone that extends only about 30 feet, so cheating could be hard

also i think its pretty secure..but theyr are plenty of ways to hack it

i really dont see a need for it, and if it does appear it will only be a passing fad, and likely if its a problem it wont be allowed to be used at tourneys.(hopefully anywhere else for that matter)

CKY_Alliance
09-20-2005, 08:46 PM
i would have to check my communications book but i believe blutooth has a wave cone that extends only about 30 feet, so cheating could be hard

also i think its pretty secure..but theyr are plenty of ways to hack it

i really dont see a need for it, and if it does appear it will only be a passing fad, and likely if its a problem it wont be allowed to be used at tourneys.(hopefully anywhere else for that matter)

Its already in G7's i suppose all of them not sure but i was talking to another guy and he was saying his whole team was going to be using the bluetooth intel-feed.

FreakBaller12
09-21-2005, 06:36 AM
Its already in G7's i suppose all of them not sure but i was talking to another guy and he was saying his whole team was going to be using the bluetooth intel-feed.
if it has a range of 30 feet what's going to happen when they are in the same bunker? Or does it have different frequencys?

ZEROte
09-21-2005, 07:21 AM
if its being used for an inteli feed than its an excellent idea cause then there is no wiring to worry about coming out like has happened with many intellifed halos.

BigEvil
09-21-2005, 07:35 AM
How about having someone 'jam' or turn off a gun's intellifeed mid game? The possabilities are endless.

RobAGD
09-21-2005, 08:01 AM
Well just a pointer, with the right gear someone took over a bluetooth phone from over 1/2 mile away :)

Blue tooth is rather simple, but I am still out on the whole idea of a wireless tech on the field.

-Robert

CrimsonGhost
09-21-2005, 10:15 AM
I like the idea stated before about the refs controling the markers on field. THAT would make life interesting :cheers:

Chronobreak
09-21-2005, 10:57 AM
but as stated before if it can be used to control it can also be used to cheat just as easy.

bluetooth signal can also be boosted very easily as well.

(i dont recall but i think thats how paris phone was hacked , by a 17 y/o nonntheless)

also as for frequencies bluetooth works in a narrow band but in each band theyr are a few diff frequencies available.(more than enough for a team)

MarkM
09-21-2005, 12:25 PM
The G7 settings you are talking about are not Bluetooth they are Infared settings and they can only change the settings that DO NOT increase performance IE dwell, trigger offset and mode, cannot be messed with all the others can. You can send new settings across from a PDA or another Angel when you are in programming mode but not during the game since you need to access the internal buttons to fetch the info across. The Hopper settings are to do with the eye control basically it is a speed of reaction to the balls in the breech depending on how it is set up the Angel will react within a set time frame.
Cheetah boards from TAG are not currently being designed with an infared port, the NEW Cheetah board actually has already been confused since what is meant by NEW is new batch as they are currently ourt of stock. I am also with you having not heard of a Ghost board either.

Chronobreak
09-21-2005, 12:57 PM
OH ok

that explains ALOT

blutooth and infrared are way diff

infrared also has a wave cone pattern that extends about..1 foot :cool:

bleachit
09-21-2005, 02:31 PM
why not use bluetooth to send information about every marker on the field... how fast its shooting, what mode its shooting in and what not.. or is that not feasible?

onedude36
09-21-2005, 02:57 PM
why not use bluetooth to send information about every marker on the field... how fast its shooting, what mode its shooting in and what not.. or is that not feasible?

Along with that you could disable a players gun when he is out, preventing him from playing on.

Davinci
09-21-2005, 08:24 PM
Nothing a small Pump team and EMP charge couldn't solve :ninja: :rolleyes:

NewMagMan21
09-21-2005, 08:43 PM
Davinci...I love you...lol..jk..
Thats a good idea...everyone has to install a chip in their gun that shows velocity, bps, and any othr settings the gun has and it just sends it to a computer screen. It'd be a good step to solve all this cheating...

JRingold
09-21-2005, 08:43 PM
Maybe I will be able to use my bluetooth headset to make calls while playing so the phone function won't have to disable the shoot function.

What I want to know is if the person who thinks up this crap actually has a use case in mind, or is just sitting in the crapper and thinks that it would be a cool idea.

phantomhitman
09-21-2005, 08:52 PM
The G7 settings you are talking about are not Bluetooth they are Infared settings and they can only change the settings that DO NOT increase performance IE dwell, trigger offset and mode, cannot be messed with all the others can. You can send new settings across from a PDA or another Angel when you are in programming mode but not during the game since you need to access the internal buttons to fetch the info across. The Hopper settings are to do with the eye control basically it is a speed of reaction to the balls in the breech depending on how it is set up the Angel will react within a set time frame.
Cheetah boards from TAG are not currently being designed with an infared port, the NEW Cheetah board actually has already been confused since what is meant by NEW is new batch as they are currently ourt of stock. I am also with you having not heard of a Ghost board either.

marksinfo>misconstruedoverheadandwordofmouthinfo

glad to see someone with facts step up, the tourney player witchhunt was already organized and marching when you came in.

master_alexander
09-21-2005, 08:54 PM
i like the saying:
if it is simple, less chances of going wrong.

like a mech mag. very simple. nothing will go wrong, unless you mistreat it of course. so if you have an advanced electro gun with alot of parts and an expensiver hopper and they are remotley linked together and you have a warp on it and hoses going everywhere and stuff... it will just take more time to set up and maintain.

bleachit
09-21-2005, 10:29 PM
Nothing a small Pump team and EMP charge couldn't solve :ninja: :rolleyes:

my friend and I have actually thought how to create the emp... talked a lot about doing that, although neither of us play in any tourneys... :rolleyes:

CKY_Alliance
09-22-2005, 03:43 PM

Oh i see, yea infared is like the pre-bluetooth or so i was told when i bought my new phone.And as far as the cheetah having or not having the infared this is (according to the guy) a g7 that bob himself was working on ..he was learnign his way around the g7 with this gun and the hopper is actually set to this gun..something like that i didnt get a lot of details but if he gets it ill have more info.

MarkM
09-22-2005, 04:30 PM
The setting of the Gun to the Hopper is as follows

Loader settings

1-4 = 9v Agitator type Loaders
5-8 = 12-18v Agitator type Loaders
9-12 = Force-fed type Loaders
13-16 = Only Very fast force-fed type loaders

So you can be sure that Bob is testing at the higher settings. It is this part that means you set the gun to the type of loader you are using NOT that the gun will "talk" to the loader.

The translation you have got so far from the people you have listened to has become slewed by half heard explinations and the age old problem of people either only reading what they want to read or only listening to what they think they have heard.

CKY_Alliance
09-22-2005, 07:06 PM
meh i dont know all i know is they where talking about bluetooth enabling them to have a wireless intel-feed. Now we have figured out its not bluetooth and infa red . But yea your right people hearing what they want to hear.