PDA

View Full Version : info. on Nerve's

tru_flip56
09-20-2005, 06:21 PM
hey guys...i dont know a lot about Nerves....

i was hoping u guys would help me out...there pretty cheap now so thinking of getting one...

but help me on stuff like consistency, speed,accuracy, reliability..etc..

thanks

BD_Paintball
09-20-2005, 06:23 PM
my friend had one and it SUCKED. not accurate at all so he sold it and got a proto. i would get a shocker or proto if you are getting a new gun

tru_flip56
09-20-2005, 06:31 PM
really? how did it suck? specifically

SpecialBlend2786
09-20-2005, 06:33 PM
Its an extremly upped, enclosed bolt impulse from what I understand, could be wrong.

I dont think that they suck, but i DO think that there are better things out there that are much cheaper (Even after the recent price drop on nerves).

BD_Paintball
09-20-2005, 06:36 PM
the eyes did not work good so it chopped. the balls shot all over the place even with the freak and when the same paint was shot through another gun they were fine. if you are going to spend the money get a proto, pass on the nerve

BigEvil
09-20-2005, 06:42 PM
hey guys...i dont know a lot about Nerves....

i was hoping u guys would help me out...there pretty cheap now so thinking of getting one...

but help me on stuff like consistency, speed,accuracy, reliability..etc..

thanks

http://www.zdspb.com/

CoolHand
09-20-2005, 06:46 PM
The captain of my house team shoots one, and he loves it.

Its fast, light, and reliable. We are headed for ~24 cases without a cleaning, and nary a break down one has been seen.

Only one chopped ball since he bought is a year and a half ago. It was the absolute first ball that he tried to shoot. He forgot to turn on the HALO, and pushed the On/Off button twice (like you used to have to do on an Impulse to turn the vision on), except the Nerve boots with vision ON, so he had actually turned the eye off. You should have seen the look on his face when it chopped. Priceless. The best part about it was that he had been blowing about never chopping a ball again, not two minutes before. It was wonderful.

All in all, I dig them. Decent price now too. Before they were overpriced, but now they aren't too far out of line.

My only gripe with them is that they are made from that same 2024 aluminum that every SP marker for the last three or four years has been made from. Its just doesn't hold threads or ano worth a durn.

If it were my money, I would have a hard time deciding between a Nerve and an '05 Defiant.

SpecialBlend2786
09-20-2005, 06:49 PM
...however the Nerve is generally considered to be the next generation of the hugely-successful Smart Parts Impulse platform

bwahahaha i was right

CoolHand
09-20-2005, 07:00 PM
bwahahaha i was right

Well yeah, technically, it operates just like an Impulse.

BUT, that's like saying that a Viking is just a heavy Angel. It's technically true, but vastly oversimplified, and meant to be derogatory.

The Nerve is not a small Impulse. Its as much like an Impulse as the new Shocker is like the old Shocker.

Chronobreak
09-20-2005, 08:30 PM
pbnation.com

SP forum

--edit i dont mean that as disrespect but you wouldnt go to windows forum to ask about macs would you ;)

WARPED1
09-20-2005, 09:00 PM
www.smartpartsowners.com

SpecialBlend2786
09-20-2005, 09:03 PM
Well yeah, technically, it operates just like an Impulse.

BUT, that's like saying that a Viking is just a heavy Angel. It's technically true, but vastly oversimplified, and meant to be derogatory.

The Nerve is not a small Impulse. Its as much like an Impulse as the new Shocker is like the old Shocker.

might be an oversimplification, but i dont think its anything like saying the new shocker is like the old shocker. If i remember correctly even the smart parts tech in that video refered to it as a smaller impulse.

The shocker went from a closed bolt gun to a spool valve gun....

Lohman446
09-20-2005, 09:17 PM
I once asked SP how a Nerve was better than a Shocker to justify the price difference - the sales rep flat out told me it wasn't. That being said I very seldom recommend anything, and if I did nto have a lawyer bill sitting here I would be on this, I think this would suit your needs well.

http://automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=183836

FSU_Paintball
09-21-2005, 11:49 AM
How about a shocker instead?

If you call AWOL paintball supplies (I think it's 2292285522) Will can get you a vision shocker in the $650 area brand new. He definitely kicks the Internet's *** on gun prices. I'm glad he's my "local" store.

tru_flip56
09-21-2005, 12:20 PM
How about a shocker instead?

If you call AWOL paintball supplies (I think it's 2292285522) Will can get you a vision shocker in the $650 area brand new. He definitely kicks the Internet's *** on gun prices. I'm glad he's my "local" store.

do these shockers have the nerve board

WARPED1 www.smartpartsowners.com
Yesterday 06:30 PM
Chronobreak pbnation.com

SP forum

--edit i dont mean that as disrespect but you wouldnt go to windows forum to ask about macs would you

i understand your guys' concern and i know theres no disrespect...however i prefer Automags.org over SP forums...i didnt mean to be a thread to bash the Nerves...i just need info on them

FSU_Paintball
09-21-2005, 12:33 PM
Um, I dunno.... whatever they come with these days. Give him a call and ask yourself, just pick up the phone...

Puckz
09-22-2005, 01:56 PM
Any new shocker should come with the Nerve board now, they have been coming that way since early this year.

Teamslayer76
09-22-2005, 03:33 PM
I owned a Nerve. It was very fast, very very fast. Very accurate. Not so effieient maybe 800 shots on a 68 4500 fill. Had a few problems in at the start but nothing serious. They are great guns go to some links up there to find more informtion on them. :)

Lohman446
09-22-2005, 03:51 PM
i understand your guys' concern and i know theres no disrespect...however i prefer Automags.org over SP forums...i didnt mean to be a thread to bash the Nerves...i just need info on them

I don't see where any person has bashed the Nerve, most people who have questioned it have suggested another marker - and most of them have suggested a Shocker...

coofoo777
09-22-2005, 05:32 PM
I think if your gonna buy from sp you might as well get a 05 shocker, it has the nerve board(like puckz said), its lower profile, idk but i think the shockers lighter, and the compatibillity of the shocker is way higher.

At least thats wat i think... :D

tru_flip56
09-22-2005, 08:06 PM
yeah i was looking at the shockers but are they really better than the nerves? i thought the nerve was SP's top gun

bleachit
09-22-2005, 09:11 PM
I once asked SP how a Nerve was better than a Shocker to justify the price difference - the sales rep flat out told me it wasn't.

here is the answer you are probably looking for

CoolHand
09-22-2005, 09:23 PM
here is the answer you are probably looking for

Yeah, but it costs the same as a Vision Shocker now. So its six of one, half dozen of another.

Buy which ever one you want, every marker is stupid fast now adays, you won't be sad you bought either one.

Hell, you might want to look at the ICD Promaster. Normally I recoil at the mere thought of buying an ICD product, but since NPS took them over, their stuff has stopped sucking. (I bet a rather tall English :ninja: had something to do with that . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . wait, does England even have :ninja: 's?)

bleachit
09-22-2005, 09:47 PM
D'oh!

I tried, I failed..