PDA

View Full Version : Making a frame

Migz
09-21-2005, 01:45 PM
Hay guys I'm designing a frame and wanted to see what info you guys can give me as I don't have and automag frame yet. I have a spyder frame for dimension references but I don't have the inner part for the mag frame.

Chronobreak
09-21-2005, 03:29 PM
if you can contact AGD directly they might just send you the specs

or try contacting one of the AGD dealers

rogue,tuna,coolhand, etc

Maggot6
09-21-2005, 03:37 PM
Are you just tinkering, or nearly serious?

Migz
09-22-2005, 01:03 PM
Are you just tinkering, or nearly serious?

Both and then some I've also been working on a body to but think the frame might be easier to workout than the body. I have the ouline set up it's a 45 grip but I also have a 90 degree one it kind of looks like an UZI machinegun frame or Mac 10 to but I'm concentrating on the 45 right now. I'll try to get a screen shot of them.
http://lennon.csufresno.edu/~ca274/Paintball/magframe.JPG

Migz
09-28-2005, 11:57 AM
I though doing an edit would have moved it up but it didn't. So what do you guys think. Can I get it to work or is it just a pipe dream. I'm made some modifications to the drawing since I took this image. I'm still looking for specs went to AGD to email them but their site refered me back to here. I'm proably going to machine it out of 3/4 inch 6061 or Fortal alunimum is this to wide? I was thinking if I wanted to make a Pnue mag or Electro mag I would want enough space to work in. And what kind of trigger should I use I was thinking my rogue's splinter or viper triggers. Or maybe I should make my own trigger to while I'm at it . ;) If any one can offer some assistantance I would appreciated. Just to let you guys know I'm not doing this for a production run I'm taking a CNC class and I figured if I have a chance I want to see what I could do.

Chronobreak
09-28-2005, 12:24 PM
whynot just by an intelliframe, it loosk just like what you have drawn

the frame isnt going to work unels you follow AGD specs to the teet

so whynot just buy an existing frame?

itd be alot fo work and $ and time to get it to work when you could just buy a used or mod another already made frame.

Arstron
09-29-2005, 05:41 PM
I personaly dont think another 45* frame will go over well, the mag needs somthing more unique, but check out this site. There is a autocad file of a intelliframe that somone made, im not sure how exact it is, but im sure it will be of help.

http://haveblue.org/tech/automag/index.html

Best of luck, I will help you out with anything you need if I can.

Migz
09-30-2005, 11:19 AM
I'm not really doing this for a mass production run. it's more of a side project for my cam class I'm taking. Actually one idea was milling it out of 3/4 to 1 inch laxan,acrylic or poly carb and polishing it clear so that way I could have a see thru frame it's pretty wide I want to say 3/4 inch as I wanted to leave room if I wanted to make a Pnuemag or electormag. I would be happy just to make one that works though. I also figure is good practice. I still want to make a ule minmag body. Which I think is very possible to do with the equipment at the college I go to. Arstron thanks for the link it will be very handy and I would appreciate any help you can give me. Not to sound mean or anything chronobreak but I don't see any body telling Logic or PTP that why should they build another mag frame when there are existing ones out there. All is see is how people are lining up to get on. But like I said I'm not really doing this for a mass production run. As for cost 1inch piece of Alunimum runs about $14 to $30 to buy, Time well I have plenty of that and is it call work if you enjoy doing it.

Arstron
09-30-2005, 11:42 AM
The problem with a ULE minimag body is that you will have to start out with a block of aluminum as the slugo body isnt long enough. If you can get the specs right, that would be a pretty big seller. I know id sell both my ULE mag bodies to get one of those. If you have any feedback anywhere I might be able to send you a minimag body for you to measure off of if I could get a good deal on one of those. ;)

As for the trigger frame, I was thinking you just wanted to do another 45* aluminum trigger frame, but if you was to build one with brackets in it already so somone could simply bolt pneumatic parts up to it, I think you could sell a few of them. AGD and Logic sell quite a few frames becuse their vert frames re diffrent then the 45*. I know working with metal/making new things/tinkering is lots of fun, but making a little extra money and knowing alot of people appreciate your work is a big bonus as well. ;)

Chronobreak
09-30-2005, 04:21 PM
first of all logics got a 90* frame,soo ebfore him there qwasnt one at all..

also, as i said tis about SPECS, diddnt you learn specs in amchining?

its these little measurements that if you dont follow to the teet youl end up with a paperweight.

as said, you can try it but without specs..theres a chance youl get it right(doubtfull) and a chance that you wont(very likely)

if you have a frame to go by or soemthing go for it...

btw logic and ptp use agd specs(ptp doesnt as closely and it SHOWS)

11 Bravo
09-30-2005, 04:26 PM
Yeh if you could make one with room for the pneumatics to make a pnuemag I think you could sell a few to the people that would prefer to put one together themselves instead of paying alot to buy one already put together. Good luck.

Note: I see that you said you were doing it for class, but if we keep on you may have a side business.

Migz
10-01-2005, 10:01 PM
Hay do you think I would try to do this with out have some sort of specs to go off of first. Frankly I would love to get a logic frame I love the look of his frame eventually I will, even though it will Be kind of hard now that he's stopped productions on them.

Migz
10-05-2005, 01:05 PM
You know by working on developing my own frame I've come to really appreciate what Coolhand, Rouge and all the small companies do for us. The fact that we can just go online by a frame hook it up and that's it. I've been doing a lot of R&D working on the drawing in mastercam and such and let me tell you while I'm enjoying the challenge. There are times when I think maybe I should just buy one. But then the moment passes and I continue working. So :cheers: to all the guys who put in all the blood,sweat and tears so that we can have a bolt on product.