PDA

View Full Version : The beastly Rita

latches109
09-21-2005, 05:12 PM
To all you AOers in Texas,

I hope you make it through safe.
I hope rita will be kinder than the ***** katrina.
Good Luck,

-latches109-

etjoyride
09-21-2005, 05:22 PM
Ya, i live in fort worth, and now i ahve a bunch of friends from houston coming to stay for a few days

SummaryJudgement
09-22-2005, 11:53 AM
I'm not worried :D I lived in Florida for twenty five years and never had a problem. Last years season was a monster one though. My parents are still recovering from last year. I'm in Dallas, so if it gets near here it'll just be a bad storm probably. It's those poor suckers in Galveston that need to run for their lives. Check out footage on CNN, abcnews.com, or yahoo. The trip from Houston to Dallas has changed from an 8 hour trip to a 24 hour trip! They're even discussing turning all of the southbound lanes on the high ways to northbound to help out with the traffic situation. I personally, am gonna get drunk and scream at the storm from my 18th floor balcony in downtown Dallas :headbang:

Let's hope not many people get hurt. Good luck everybody :cheers:

master_alexander
09-22-2005, 03:18 PM
the only thing i am worried about is tomorrow raining out the homecoming game, and our local field being flooded if there is too much rain.

it is hit and run paintball park, great field service and they all love mags. last time they were flooded above the counter and lost alot... they have a memorial wall there, but i dont know if their site is updated. ( www.hitandrunpaintball.com )

etjoyride
09-22-2005, 04:04 PM
ya, there pics of the flood are pretty amazing. I was there about two weeks ago lookin at the pics and it still amazes me how much water was there.

Maggot6
09-22-2005, 04:39 PM
Like 3 of my family memebers live on Galvaston(sp?) and the rest of them live in the Houston.Beaumont area...Havn't heard from them in days :cry: