PDA

View Full Version : Where do i send my mag into?

ThunderChief0488
09-21-2005, 09:56 PM
Hey ppl. of AO, i have a 68. mag that hasnt worked since the day i bought it. It was bought from a friend for 50 bucks but he doesnt no how to treat his gem so i need to send it in for whatever it needs. I dont know a lot about them, probably one out of very few that doesnt know how to work on a mag. It still has a star on its bolt. I'm dont letting a beutiful creation just sit there so i want to send it to someone who knows wht they're doing. But i have no clue where to send it. I sent my ULE to Tunaman, but i have lost his address and all that. Anyone that can help me pls to tell. Thank you.

ThunderChief

Dayspring
09-22-2005, 08:54 AM
tunaman5@comcast.net

or www.tunamart.com

Kwaidd
09-22-2005, 05:42 PM
Since there are very few moving parts and only 3 main sections to the gun's internals, mags are very easy to diagnose and fix any problems they have. What specifically is the mag doing or not doing right now? It would have to be a very major problem or dmg done to the valve/bolt assembly to have to actually send it in to agd and use up the star warranty.
If you really want to use the warranty as a last ditch effort to fix a major fub up...check out airgun.com and look up the warranty link for explanation on where to send the gun etc. But, b4 you do that, post whats up with the marker here and mebbe we or some registered agd techs can help ya out b4 you go to any extremes.

Cow hunter
09-23-2005, 04:09 PM
tunaman or destructivecustoms...... they do mags and AKA's.... ive been to thier place personally and they are GREAT destructivecustoms.com (http://destructivecustoms.com/)

siloseven
09-23-2005, 10:32 PM
Since there are very few moving parts and only 3 main sections to the gun's internals, mags are very easy to diagnose and fix any problems they have. What specifically is the mag doing or not doing right now? It would have to be a very major problem or dmg done to the valve/bolt assembly to have to actually send it in to agd and use up the star warranty.
If you really want to use the warranty as a last ditch effort to fix a major fub up...check out airgun.com and look up the warranty link for explanation on where to send the gun etc. But, b4 you do that, post whats up with the marker here and mebbe we or some registered agd techs can help ya out b4 you go to any extremes.

since Thunder is my brother and lives 2 feet from me and I use to use the mag, and now have his ULE. I can awnser this.

I have been pecking at fixing it, and I think it is that an o-ring in the power tube pinched and went into the bolt itself and that was the problem. I have not been able to rebuild it (loaned parts from it to fix another guys) and test my guess. if it is not that, when I first tore it apart the reg pin was stuck and took some effort to get out. it has since been replaced before I found the o-ring in the bolt. the piston should be ok, one of the proshop people when I got some asa work done aired it up and begane toruqing on the nut and had it way in there, should n't be a problem but I don't know.

thats it, exept maybe some questions about the spacer I might have.