PDA

View Full Version : Where can I get screws, misc parts?

Resurection
09-23-2005, 10:26 PM
I have looked around and I can't find a good place to get misc pb stuff. Annodized/colored screws, fittings, all the 'other' stuff you'd find in a good toolbox....

tribalman
09-24-2005, 03:08 AM
ok, not to sound like a jerk, go to a hardware store. all the screws i get from on paintball guns or from the place that sells paintball stuff are all soft and strip easily. i couldn't take apart most of my old angel when i had it because of this issue.i now i right away replace all screws with some good ones from a hardware store and i don't have any problems. all you have to do is make sure you have the same diameter screw and same thread size. not to hard to do.

Maggot6
09-24-2005, 04:59 AM
If you just hhhave to buy from a pb guy, contact Tunaman.

Resurection
09-24-2005, 07:22 AM
I appreciate the info, I know about the hardware store. There are actually a couple really good mom&pop type stores that carry all kinds of good stuff....

...but none of it would be colored to match a gun. That's why I was wondering if there was some place that might.

slade
09-24-2005, 08:19 AM
you cant ano screws, they are steel. youd have to powdercoat them. that would change the size and probably clog the threads. the best you could do would be to powdercoat the screwheads which would probably cost too much, or spraypaint the heads... why do you care about matching screws anyway?

punkncat
09-24-2005, 11:00 AM
Yeah, doesn't chrome match everything.....:D

slade
09-24-2005, 11:30 AM
Yeah, doesn't chrome match everything.....:D
or black :D

Pha|anx
09-27-2005, 09:23 AM
ok, not to sound like a jerk, go to a hardware store. all the screws i get from on paintball guns or from the place that sells paintball stuff are all soft and strip easily.
Erm... If I recall last week I went to Lowes bought some 10 32s for my ASA, installed em stripped the philips head and trashed them. :mad: They didn't have any hex type screws.

Lohman446
09-27-2005, 09:26 AM
Erm... If I recall last week I went to Lowes bought some 10 32s for my ASA, installed em stripped the philips head and trashed them. :mad: They didn't have any hex type screws.

Go to a real hardware store and not a big box home improvement store...