PDA

View Full Version : Z-Valve

magman-nc
12-06-2001, 09:53 AM
I was at pbreview.com looking at reviews on upgrades for automags. When I found something called a Z-Valve on the site it said it was made by AGD. But on the AGD web page I could not find anything about it. So I was hoping that somebody could tell me a little more about it.

Rynoboy06
12-06-2001, 10:07 AM
The z valve is not made by AGD. It is made by the same company that makes the Z-body, the only backspin automag. Works kinda like a flatline 98. Company name is Galactic Systemz or something like that. Ravi has an article on both the body and the valve at paintballravi.com. You can buy the z valve at g3pb.com or at NPS' sales site. It is a modified on/off valve not endorsed by AGD, so it violates your warranty. Ravi seems to like it for performance though. It makes "bouncing" the trigger easier. I think that would lead to some chops, but check it out if you're interested.

hardr0ck68
12-06-2001, 07:01 PM
and i find that they are a nice upgrade. I think the best aftermarket on off out there, there is some shootdown problems when you are shooin a high bps, but the trick is you can GET to the higher bps. And with the z-valve and a polished bolt lip i have gotten the trigger to bounce. (not a safe mod to do, but if you want to squeez all the performance you can out of your mag for under 100 its decent) the poormans RT. But i have one mag with a retro, one with a hyper frame, and one still set up with a z-valve and pollished bolt...its not as nice as the other 2, but perferable (at least to me) to a stock mag, BUT ITS NOT AT ALL AS RELIABLE

Manuel_FZR
12-07-2001, 02:06 AM
hardr0ck68: My questions: Is it true, that you have much lighter triggerpull with the Z-Valve than with the original? And have you to lower your pressure to somthing about 750psi? And it only runs on nitro? I heard that ... and now i want to know, if this is right. Thanks!

sajohnston
12-07-2001, 11:00 AM
Will Galactic ever just go away?

Bottom line up front: Waste $40 and make your own decision, but IMHO stay with stock!!!

I bought it, received it (package complete with spelling errors, straight laziness and lack of attention to detail). I went against better judgement and installed it anyway. Unlike many it worked without further modification (which I would never do) but there was no significant improvement in performance. Just like the Z Body it received mixed reviews (more bad than good. I thought this topic was dead yet it reappears again.

Let this thread run its course and if you still want one I will give you a great deal. You will find that I am a "positive experience" as mine dropped in and worked- I still don't recommend it. Just wait a little longer and go with a Retro Valve.

hardr0ck68
12-07-2001, 01:49 PM
i would agree retro is much better, and i dont belive the z valve lowers the pressure any (low pressure is not such a great thing ne-ways, but to each his own) now maybe the 2 z-valves i have owned were lucky ones, but i have never had a problem with them working...the lighten trigger pull and extra push on the trigger return are not without a cost, reliabilty and shootdown at high bps...its your call, i still shoot a set up with it in, and i had one in my mini after her first rebuild (its gone now replaced with a hyper frame) but i took it to many a tourny with the z-valve in....if you decide to try it, and you dont like it, you can always sell it....

HyperSnyper
12-14-2001, 10:08 PM
Well,

This thread is kinda old, but Ill add to it to be fair againt the other anti Z valve ppl.

I use the Z-valve (soon to be replaced with a Hyperframe)and it works great. The thing about the trigger bouncing IS true. But is not completely beneficial. I noticed my Z valve on/off pin was slightly off tolerance, so I grinded away the pin a little and used a micrometer to compare it with the pin from my micromag and my GF's minimag on/off pin. This made sure it was up to par in terms of tolerance.

When you pull the trigger slowly, it will reach a point where the gun will fire, then the bouncing will begin. How does it bounce, the z valve uses more suface area on the top which will allow the top gasses to do more work. Before you fire, the pressures above and below the on/off are equal which creates equal pressure. After you fire, the air chamber will empty to ambient pressure, and since the pressure above the on/off is greater it will force the pin down. Now because od the differeances in surface area, this is whats creates the reactiveness and the bouncing.

Now with the tech crap out of the way, the point. The trigger bouncing and going full auto aint so good. Actually, with my experiences, its not good at all. You cant control the fire rate (bps) with the z valve bouncing, which = chop chop chop.

The main and most noticeable change in the Z valve is the lightened trigger on the pull, and the slightly increased force on the return.

Worth 40 bux. Its up to you. I was curious, and the 40 bux answered my question. So to me it was worth it.

Im in the process of selling it, but may keep it if JesusFreak does not get me my HYperframe.

Hope this helped.

-Hyper

magman-nc
12-14-2001, 10:57 PM
Thanks Everybody for your feedback I guess I will go ahead and give it a try.