PDA

View Full Version : Devilmag Bolt not Sealing

Resurection
09-24-2005, 12:54 PM
So I haven't been able to shoot my DM yet because as soon as I gas it up, the bolt won't seal and it vents air down the barrel. I have replaced all the o-rings in the powertube and ULT. I have tried a couple bolt and spring combinations. I have tried an ample amount of oil, and still have trouble.

If I remove the bumper, I can get the bolt to seal on the powertube, but I am not going to do that and gas it up.

Help me! I want to shoot this thing so bad it isn't funny!

fshrmn76
09-24-2005, 01:09 PM
is the bolt level 7 or 10? if it is 7 gas up and push against the front of the bolt. if your leak stops you need a different powertube spacer. if it is a level 10 i can't be of much help because i don't know enough about them yet

1337caesar
09-24-2005, 02:13 PM
hi, i had the same problem on my dmag, first of all put the level 10 in to see if that helps at all, if it does then something is way wrong in the powertube. also try the following :

tape around where the powertube connects to the black of the valve, try more shims in the ult and third call the agd tech support, they are the nicest most knowledgable tech support i have ever seen in a paintball company.

Resurection
09-24-2005, 02:35 PM
Currently, it is a level 7 bolt. I have a level 10 on my classic RT, i might try moving it over to see if I can make it work there, but I really would like to keep the 7 on it for the effeciency.

I noticed something else and don't know if this make a difference:
When I gas up the gun, it leaks like crazy down the barrel. Meanwhile, the on/off is not working because I can't shoot at all. I am not smart enough to know if that is normal when there is this bad of a barrel leak or if this combination points to a more specific solution.

My problem now is so much air leak means I have little to no air to continue fiddling around without having to travel across town and pay for air that will just leak out anyway. :cry:

Resurection
09-24-2005, 02:43 PM
put the level 10 in to see if that helps at all
I will try that first... i hated tuning it for my classic RT, but worth a try

tape around where the powertube connects to the black of the valve
huh? please explain this more...

try more shims in the ult
already has like 5 or 6, how many is too many?

call the agd tech support, they are the nicest most knowledgable tech support i have ever seen in a paintball company.
If only they were open on Saturday. :) How much air do you recommend I have available for a tech support call?

Lohman446
09-24-2005, 03:14 PM
My Devilmag came with a powertube spacer kit - on the power tube spacer there will be a size, it sounds like you just need to switch out powertube spacers - I had to after a few hundred rounds in mine as well.

1337caesar
09-24-2005, 03:19 PM
I will try that first... i hated tuning it for my classic RT, but worth a try

huh? please explain this more...

already has like 5 or 6, how many is too many?

If only they were open on Saturday. :) How much air do you recommend I have available for a tech support call?

also switch out the on off, the problem should be in the power tube or in the on off so if you eliminate the one you will know what is wrong.

scotch tape should be placed around the area at which the black meets the silver on the front of the gun, this sometimes will leak but i doubt it is your problem. if the tape breaks along the crack when you air it up that is your problem.

well I would put more in until it is so tall that it wont fit in the gun anymore, 5-6 should be good though

I had a 48/3000 full and it was at 1200 when i finished talking to tech support, their techs couldnt fix the problem but they were able to tell me what area the problem was in so i just replaced that part. (powertube assmbly)

Resurection
09-24-2005, 04:29 PM
My Devilmag came with a powertube spacer kit - on the power tube spacer there will be a size, it sounds like you just need to switch out powertube spacers - I had to after a few hundred rounds in mine as well.

No spacer kit, but a .220 is in it now, and it happens to be the only size I have (3 in stock in my toolbox)

Resurection
09-24-2005, 04:29 PM
make sure you have the oring at the bottom of the powertube installed and also, when you press back on the bolt does the leak change?

The o-ring is in, and I've tried 3 new ones.

Pressing the bolt DOES make a change, but it's hard to tell if its the pressure on the bolt or my finger blocking air around the foamie...

Would the ULT/on-off really be the cause of a serious barrel leak?

1337caesar
09-24-2005, 04:48 PM
it could be

Resurection
09-24-2005, 10:03 PM
It's working... not really sure what did it, but taking it up to the local store (Doug @ Gladiator) he pulled it apart and put it back together. We didn't change or adjust anything, just looked at everything. It shot fine. Small leak from one of the two peice 90* macro fittings, but seemed ok otherwise.

Place was closing so I had to leave, and then other things with wife have kept me from shooting it myself yet. :cuss:

So I will post how it feels tomorow, thanks for all the input.