PDA

View Full Version : CCM pumps....

HOMELANDEFENDER
09-24-2005, 07:24 PM
What are your thoughts on these? Does the Phantom still compare to them even at this price range?

http://www.chipleymachine.com/

Thanks,

HLD...

yingyang
09-24-2005, 07:46 PM
The phantom is an excellent gun compared to this, since I own one. They are both dead on accurate(but thats because my paint to barrel match was good) They are both great markers its just the feel of the CCM that doesnt appeal to me.

SCpoloRicker
09-24-2005, 07:48 PM
CCM pumps are extremely high quality.

I can't remember his AO screenname, its "MASS--" something; he has several really sweet CCM pumps.

I have a Sterling, but I plan on converting a cocker I have laying around to a CCM pump with the CCM auto-trigger on an old .45 frame slider.

DaveSM
09-24-2005, 08:21 PM
Both the phantom and the CCM are high quality markers. I must admit that I prefer phantoms to the snipers/CCM pumps. Both could be accurate on the right hand with the right paint. The best is to try both and then decide wich one fits you like a glove. I hated snipers the first time I used one (too heavy and lack of return spring on the one I had so I had to pull foward the pump arm each time) but with a properly tuned one maybe it wouldn't be as much a problem.

ej_y4
09-24-2005, 09:09 PM
both the CCM and the phantoms are both great guns. I have a phantom, but im toying with the idea of getting a CCm pump. They both have differnt feels

Automaggot68
09-25-2005, 12:46 AM
CCM pumps are extremely high quality.

I can't remember his AO screenname, its "MASS--" something; he has several really sweet CCM pumps.

I have a Sterling, but I plan on converting a cocker I have laying around to a CCM pump with the CCM auto-trigger on an old .45 frame slider.

I think that you're thinking of MASSDriver?

LawnGnome7
09-25-2005, 02:11 AM
but with a properly tuned one maybe it wouldn't be as much a problem.

how much tuning do they require?

Fred
09-25-2005, 08:37 AM
if you get your CCM goodies through Bunker Boyz you don't need to worry about tuning it yourself.

I just got a new SS-25 last month, and I love it!

http://spaceman613.net/dqf/darthvader.jpg

86* slider, Autotrigger, CF barrel kit... its pretty sweet!

Oh, and I sold my Phantom to get this... Phantoms are awesome guns, but every one feels a bit different... and I havn't been able to get used to one since I got rid of my second (had 3 now). The CCM is like comparing apples to oranges, both are really good, but for different reasons.

---Fred

Lee
09-25-2005, 10:26 AM
www.wevopaintball.com

ss 25's are excellent. i have a couple team mates that shoot them and phantoms.

like Fred said, phantom vs ccm is like apples to oranges, but they both have different feels.

if you are thinking about getting a '25, i reccomend it.

peewee
09-25-2005, 12:06 PM
I own two phantoms & CCM SV. Both type mark markers are great. The CCM is very wel built I cant knock either one. You can get into a phantom with all the bells pretty cheap at White wolf. I say get one of each. But I am a pump whore. :D

VFX_Fenix
09-25-2005, 12:58 PM
CCM SV/J2 Pumps... I have but one things to say about the way they shoot... Buuuuutaaahhh. The actions are so smooth, I've been sorely tempted to buy one every time I get a chance to play with one.

HOMELANDEFENDER
09-25-2005, 07:49 PM
Do they have a rail on the reciever so that I can add an offset for a red dot?

http://www.bp-usa.com/big_product_pics/73244.jpg

http://www.bp-usa.com/big_product_pics/73244print.jpg

HLD...

M-a-s-sDriver
09-25-2005, 11:35 PM
The CCM's have no match in the pump world in regards to smoothness and firepower.
Phantoms are lighter and more eficcient, Sterlings are OK, Carters are nicely made.
The only real serious contender I can think of would be a Houndstooth.
J2's are no longer made, so pick one up before the price goes up. Not that many were made, maybe less than the Works, which CCM also made.
Brent.

billmi
09-26-2005, 09:33 AM
Here's a review on the J2 from a few years back:
http://www.warpig.com/paintball/technical/paintguns/ccm_j2pump/

Super slick, very easy to shoot fast for a pump.

Compared to the Phantom though, it is little bulkier and carries more weight. It also lacks a sight rail.

It is very nice to shoot.

Death of Rats
09-26-2005, 11:10 AM
I own both a phantom and a series 5 pump. I love both of these markers and both have their pro's and con's over each other.

Phantom

Pro's
1. Lightweight (if you have a stock feed on this it weighs next to nothing)
2. Extremly accurate starter barrel.
3. Farily cheap fun anno jobs. (silver green acid wash)
4. Upgradeable (in the future you can change this over to vert feed if you want or many other diffrent upgrades.
5. Runs perfectly off of 12 grams about 35 good shots. By good I mean within 20 fps of 300 fps. 4 or 5 more dropping shots after that.
6. No wasting paint
7. Increases your accuracy (makes you aim)
8. You can completly break this thing down in the field. Did this a d day 05 (I was dumb and bought ultra evil paint. Most brittle paint I ever have used. Never had a once busted a ball while loading or shooting until I shot 4 of those. Also busted it in the q loader I had just bought but that I blame on myself. They told me not to use ultra brittle paint in the q.

Con's
1. Slow rate of fire. If you are looking for a pump this should never be one of your big considerations. It does have an autotrigger thou
2. Need a stock for it. My arm gets tired holding the gun up aiming at someone because I am used to having a tank to put the weight on my shoulder.
3. Few barrel choices. I use a White wolf barrel so I can use freak inserts.

CCM

Pro's
1. As others have said. This thing pumps like butter. I can actually pump it by moving the marker forwards and backwards quickly. without even touching the pump arm.
2. Autococker threads. So many barrels to choose from. I shot a freak. Same threads as my automag.
3. It has the feel of an autococker.
4. Lightweight compared to my other two autocockers. Not as light as phantom
5. You can autotrigger this thing almost as fast as a mech cocker. Not very accurate when you autotrigger.
6. Runs off Nitrogen very nicely
7. If you ever owned a autococker you will be right at home doing anything to it.
8. Yes it has a 3/8ths dove tail sight mount. I mounted a stock class feed using this and some scope mounters.
9. Can be run off of co2
10. Can change this over to a semi fairly easily.
11. No wasting paint

Con's
1. Slow rate of fire. If you are looking for a pump this should never be one of your big considerations. It does have an autotrigger thou
2. A problem that has a occured on a few of the series 5 markers causes them to burp when you fire. Fix it with a medium valve spring and wgp valve on the air inlet on the internals this will stop the burp if you even have this problem
3. If you want to play stock class get a ss25. Already set up to play that way.

I love both of these markers. In the end you will probably end up with both anyways.

HOMELANDEFENDER
09-26-2005, 06:53 PM
Thanks for the great responses guys. I like guns with more weight to them. The CCM just looks right to me. I also like butta :D

It looks like the CCM is the way to go.

HLD...

HOMELANDEFENDER
09-26-2005, 07:10 PM
BTW --- Who has the best prices on these ? Or are they factory direct only. PM me if you feel its more appropriate.

Thanks .

HLD....

Lee
09-26-2005, 07:23 PM
www.wevopaintball.com

Spaceman613
09-26-2005, 08:21 PM
Plenty of retailers

Wevo, Bunkerboyz, Gorilla paintball.... and a few others.

Death of Rats
09-26-2005, 08:54 PM
I am personally biased when it comes to those people. I have bought three things from wevo paintball so far and they have been truly wonderful in response and shipping to me. Just my two cents. Haven't dealt with the others yet but I am sure they are good too.

RazorMonkey
09-27-2005, 01:12 PM
Be a man and get a Timmy :ninja:

:rofl:

Teehee... JK I <3 my Phantom :clap: