PDA

View Full Version : Connection fittings ideas??

Aslan
09-25-2005, 07:47 PM
I recently changed my foregrip to a gas-thru AGD foregrip. Mainly the foregrip I used to have was too small.

Unortunately, the old way it was set up, there was a long macroline that just looped from the drop to the reg. It looked dumb, but it made it really easy to disassemble the marker because I could disconnect the hose easily.

Now, I have a small length of macroline going from the drop to the bottom of the gas-thru. It looks great because it's like a 2 inch length and is really clean looking. However, it's much harder to disassemble because you have to wrestle that little piece of macroline out of between the two fittings and I worry that over time I'll end up wearing out the hose, fittings, or both.

For those of you that tinker with your markers alot...and have a drop or ASA that puts your outlet fitting really close to the inlet of your foregrip or X-chamber...what do you do? It's a really short distance...like maybe 4 inches from one hole to the other...

The other option is to disconnect the drop from the grip every time I want to completely disassemble the marker... :(

Thanks. :cool:

Tunaman
09-25-2005, 08:24 PM
I recently changed my foregrip to a gas-thru AGD foregrip. Mainly the foregrip I used to have was too small.

Unortunately, the old way it was set up, there was a long macroline that just looped from the drop to the reg. It looked dumb, but it made it really easy to disassemble the marker because I could disconnect the hose easily.

Now, I have a small length of macroline going from the drop to the bottom of the gas-thru. It looks great because it's like a 2 inch length and is really clean looking. However, it's much harder to disassemble because you have to wrestle that little piece of macroline out of between the two fittings and I worry that over time I'll end up wearing out the hose, fittings, or both.

For those of you that tinker with your markers alot...and have a drop or ASA that puts your outlet fitting really close to the inlet of your foregrip or X-chamber...what do you do? It's a really short distance...like maybe 4 inches from one hole to the other...

The other option is to disconnect the drop from the grip every time I want to completely disassemble the marker... :(

Well if you put another short piece between the valve and top port in the foregrip it will still be able to come apart easy. No need to take apart the bottom piece too often right? Try using 2 90 degree swivel macro fittings on the bottom and a little longer piece to form an "s". That will help...

Aslan
09-25-2005, 11:20 PM
Well if you put another short piece between the valve and top port in the foregrip it will still be able to come apart easy. No need to take apart the bottom piece too often right? Try using 2 90 degree swivel macro fittings on the bottom and a little longer piece to form an "s". That will help...

There is a piece running from the top port to the valve. And yes, for regular valve maintenance, I don't need to worry about the bottom piece. It's just that when I clean the gun I like to take the trigger frame off and clean the inside of it...oil it up...all that jazz. I guess I don't need to do that. Actually, if I take of the trigger frame, it might just swing down and I can dsconnect the bottom hose easily that way...hmmm...didn't think about that.

One thing I thought of was to get 2 45 degree stainless fittings...attach a straight macroline fitting to each...pointed at each other...and just run a short piece that way...but when I looked at it, it appeared it would lead me to the same problem...and I only had one 45 degree stainless fitting anyways.

Thanks for the response Tuna...I'll get a picture of it up on my website once I finish tinkering with it. It's pretty old school...definitely no "tunamag quality"...but it appears that it works...which is step one I suppose.

rb211
09-25-2005, 11:27 PM
I have a setup basically just like that, macroline and all. I have never had any trouble with the fittings, and I break mine down every time I play. I'd say don't worry about it.

chad326
09-25-2005, 11:34 PM

use a kapp foregrip extender

Aslan
09-26-2005, 08:59 PM
use a kapp foregrip extender

I have the foregrip adaptor that goes at the top.of the foregrip...where the gas comes out and goes to the valve.

Here's a pic of what it looks like right now since I can't explain it very well:

http://www.jayloo.com/photo_gallery/show_pic.html?pIMAGE_ID=30651

Coralis
09-26-2005, 09:12 PM
well you could turn the 90 on the on/off down , then use a straight connector coming from the bottom of the gas thru grip and then connect the two with a "U" shaped piece of macro line ( you may have to heat it a bit to make it soft enough to make the radius with out kinking it) It wont be as clean looking as it is now but it should be easier to take on and off.

Actually after looking at the picture again those look like free swiveling fittings so all you would have to is turn them both down and insert a "U" shaped piece of macro line.

Tunaman
09-26-2005, 10:04 PM
well you could turn the 90 on the on/off down , then use a straight connector coming from the bottom of the gas thru grip and then connect the two with a "U" shaped piece of macro line ( you may have to heat it a bit to make it soft enough to make the radius with out kinking it) It wont be as clean looking as it is now but it should be easier to take on and off.

Actually after looking at the picture again those look like free swiveling fittings so all you would have to is turn them both down and insert a "U" shaped piece of macro line.DO NOT HEAT UP YOUR MACROLINE!!!!! USE Parker Parflex Macroline. It has a 1/2" bend radius and that SHOULD be plenty for anything you want to do. It will not kink. Only the cheap crap kinks..... :rolleyes: ;)