PDA

View Full Version : Help identify this spider

tipp-ed off
09-26-2005, 10:44 PM
There's a couple of these nasties lingering above my front door. I'm not familiar with this type of spider. It's metallic silver (very shiny) with red hairy bumps on it's back. I'm not really afraid of it I just need to know if I should leave it alone or if its going to kill me in my sleep.
http://tipp-edOFF.mypicgallery.com/CrazySpider/cimg1754_large.jpg

More Spider Pics (http://CrazySpider.MyPicGallery.com)
^^^

Commissar_Loki
09-26-2005, 11:11 PM
Hmm, no idea what kind that is, but if you want a neat looking grip.... freeze said spider in spuer glue ( at hobby shop) and make sure to buy another bottle called insta cure. Drip much glue in spider (over wax paper) and spray with insta cure. There you go, frozen spider that all can see. I found this out way back when working on models and seeing spiders on the floor..... we have like 5 statues now that are stuck to the cement.

-butch

Vircolac
09-27-2005, 06:49 AM
It won't hurt you. Looks like your basic orb-weaver kind of spider. The closest thing we have here in this state are called garden spiders... they have yellow and black striped abdomens and can get pretty large.

It isn't a brown recluse or black widow, so it isn't directly poisonous to you. I tend to freak when spiders get large, when they look like they are run by a 3 man crew.

It does have a cool color pattern, though!

mikey101
09-27-2005, 10:08 AM
I tend to freak when spiders get large, when they look like they are run by a 3 man crew.

haha, i don't know why but that got me laughing.

personman
09-27-2005, 02:03 PM
Ah yes, the 'bling-bling' spider. Very few have been seen by man but the few that have been sighted have been in the compton area.

wes
09-27-2005, 02:06 PM
Looks like a "Compact 2000"

(har har)

Rather
09-27-2005, 02:58 PM
It won't hurt you. Looks like your basic orb-weaver kind of spider. The closest thing we have here in this state are called garden spiders... they have yellow and black striped abdomens and can get pretty large.

I think i've blasted at least 3 of those larger ones at my uncles ranch, just because they freaked me out. Of course it was right next to the house so i had to blast away at them with my marker instead.... :D

slade
09-27-2005, 03:34 PM
Hmm, no idea what kind that is, but if you want a neat looking grip.... freeze said spider in spuer glue ( at hobby shop) and make sure to buy another bottle called insta cure. Drip much glue in spider (over wax paper) and spray with insta cure. There you go, frozen spider that all can see. I found this out way back when working on models and seeing spiders on the floor..... we have like 5 statues now that are stuck to the cement.

-butch
well. thats humane.

mobsterboy
09-27-2005, 03:35 PM
naw, looks more like a spider sport...

master_alexander
09-27-2005, 03:46 PM
i have alot around my house in the spring. they are some kind of yellow with a black pattern on it... we call them bannan spiders. they eat the misquetoes (sp) so its all good.

FactsOfLife
09-28-2005, 03:47 PM
http://img.epinions.com/images/opti/d8/11/hmgdLawn_and_GardenPest_ControlAllRaid_House_7_Gar den_Bug_Killer-resized200.jpg

end of issue.

Automaggot68
09-28-2005, 04:47 PM
Where do you live in san Diego?
Lemme come over, I'll mess with it.