PDA

View Full Version : New Goggle system

MagNumPI
12-06-2001, 02:57 PM
Did anyone see the new Dye goggle system?

Dye Invision , looks sweet!

http://www.dyeprecision.com/Images/invision/colors/invision-red.gif

think i'm going to get that one.. the red one.

Chaos
12-06-2001, 03:39 PM
lol... they originally were coming out with that goggle months ago, but it was an exact copy almost of the nVader, so then they made that.... I tryed it and hated the way it felt, and I dont like the way it looks either... JT Ownz the mask market, companies should learn that.

MajorDamage
12-06-2001, 04:12 PM
LOL JT kneels in submission to the awesomeness of V-Force! V-Force beats up JT, runs around, buys a hotdog, sells some taffy, checks on their stocks, feeds the camel, plays videogames, comes back, takes a nap, then beats JT up some more before they know what happened the first time! HOO HA!

ENDO!

joeyjoe367
12-06-2001, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by MajorDamage
LOL JT kneels in submission to the awesomeness of V-Force! V-Force beats up JT, runs around, buys a hotdog, sells some taffy, checks on their stocks, feeds the camel, plays videogames, comes back, takes a nap, then beats JT up some more before they know what happened the first time! HOO HA!

ENDO!

lol!

V-Force is quite a contender in the Mask Market vs. JT. I like A lot of the features on the Vforce masks, but JT is Tried and True.

manike
12-06-2001, 04:15 PM
I'm with MajorDamage. I'm soooo Impressed with my V-force Morphs.

I'm just putting together a custom fan set up for them also... I'll post some pics when finished.

manike

MajorDamage
12-06-2001, 04:18 PM
Hehe yep! Let me see that fan! I don't need one, Ive never had my Morph fog up(it got moisture in it once at a night game, but thats not really fog), but I'd like to see how that looks.

ENDO!

RaV3n_Pa1ntba||
12-06-2001, 04:18 PM
i like my proteus alot its really comfortable....hasnt fogged up yet and gives me a nice profile...i removed the visor though.

manike
12-06-2001, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by vf-xx
The goggles themselves don't fog, just my glasses inside them. No longer a problem.

That's my problem also. I'll go take a look at your url now :)

manike

manike
12-06-2001, 04:26 PM
I'm doing mine like how you did yours, but I have some 30x30x6 and 25x25x6 fans that will fit on top without sticking out in front. I've also got a sweet 9v battery holder, so I can change it in a hurry if I have too.

How is the air flow on yours? Does it dry out your eyeballs :) I'm trying to decide if I want to do the 2 X 25mm fans or the 2 X 30mm fans... or all four :) I was going to put two at the top and two below the lense to create a huge through flow, But I think that is overkill ;) (hey I'm an enginneer so sue me).

I'm currently looking towards the two 30mm's...

I've got a switch that could operate 2 out of the four or all four if I decide to go that way...

manike

MajorDamage
12-06-2001, 04:31 PM
COOL FAN!

ENDO!

manike
12-06-2001, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by vf-xx
These work great. I was worried that I'd have to cut out some of the bars in the top of the goggle area to get more flow, but I don't need them. Since these fans are underpowered they're quiet and they don't dry out my eyes.

I'm sure you're already planning on this but make sure that one fan blows in and the other blows out. This allows for the best circulation.

I would go with only 2 fans on top of the goggles as I don't see hordes of room on the inside.

Some interesting points, I've been trying different configs of fans blowing, both in, both out, one either way. I'm not sure what I feel is the best config, but having done some basic tests I was going to go with both blowing down exactly over a lense each and then let the positive pressure escape from below and around the fans where it can... Have you tested both ways?

There isn't hoards of room inside... That's why I got the 25x25mm fans. The smallest they make and at the equivalent of 15$ each! Worth it though If my glasses never ever steam up (it rains occasionally in England ;) )

What voltage are your fans? Mine are 5v so I was going to run two in series with the 9v or two series sets of parrallel if I run all four... at 5v mine are ultra quiet (hard to tell they are running even when on you head! Much quieter than my JT fan and much more flow!

What is your battery life like?

manike

MagNumPI
12-06-2001, 04:44 PM
JT hit the nail on the head when it made the Spectra line of system... JT Spectra, JT FLex 7, JT IZE, JT Proteus. All the other masks will remain rec and casual masks.. unless they have the maketing power to pull out.. DYE does , and we will see this mask on a few more tourney scenes..

crd945
12-06-2001, 10:12 PM
Im gona make a trip to the local radio shack this weekend and see what fans I can find to put in my Ize

X-Plosive
12-06-2001, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by manike

(it rains occasionally in England ;) )

I love the way manike says "occasionally". It doesn't rain very heavy in most parts of England. However it rains just enough to piss you off. One more note. Everytime you poor concrete surely enough it will rain while you are trying to let it settle. I don't go to England often anymore, I go to Ireland more now..........every summer and a couple odd vacations around the year. As far as the fan goes are you sure it would be safe from hits and so on? It wouldn't be to friendly if someone found a way to hit the top frame of the mask portion causing the splatter and shell to land between the visor and mask frame right where your fans will be. You would actually have paint in the fan blades, paint raining on your glasses? It looks like a good idea and the odds of someone getting a shot like that is rare.

Tubby_Ninja
12-07-2001, 12:29 AM
Hey, I had these goggles two years ago! Except they were called Brass Eagle Maxx Vision, and cost about $25!

MajorDamage
12-07-2001, 12:34 AM
Those are diffrent. The company that used to make Brass Eagle's masks started their own <B>HIGH QUALITY</B> goggle company.

ENDO!

Bonx0007
12-07-2001, 01:31 AM
I will stick with my JT thank you very much.:)

FooTemps
12-07-2001, 01:39 AM
I'm buying a v-force and that's all there is too it...now what should I buy, a morph or a shield... hmmm...

Toxic Dave
12-07-2001, 10:16 AM
Buy the morph, they are lighter and a bit more comfortable. As for the greatness of V-force, I was completely a JT guy, I've used them for 10 years until about 6 months ago when I got a pair of VForce ref goggles, all I've used since were Vforce. They rock and they don't ever fog.
Dave. GZS

MajorDamage
12-07-2001, 02:07 PM
Boy a morph! They arnt all hard like the shield(which is also cool though), they have some flexy bouncy rubber parts! Bwanumbwa! AND LOOK COOLA! Bwanumbwa!

ENDO!

FooTemps
12-07-2001, 06:07 PM
Man, the last time I used a v-force I fogged like hell... but that was one of the rental masks...

billmi
12-10-2001, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by MajorDamage
Those are diffrent. The company that used to make Brass Eagle's masks started their own <B>HIGH QUALITY</B> goggle company.

ENDO!

I challenge you to find any features on the Brass Eagle Maxx Vision (not the Extreme Vision "fishbowl") that was manufactured by Leader and released by BE at World Cup 1999 and the VForce Shield manufactured by Leader and released by BE at World Cup 2000.

The differences I have found that are most noticable:

1 - the Maxx Vision has a Brass Eagle logo while the Shield has a V Force logo.

2 - The Maxx Vision was never heavily promoted by Brass Eagle, while the Shield and Morph were heavily promoted at their World Cup Debut with a lens changing contest for $1,000 in cash.

I usually wear the Shield when playing - it's a great mask - excellent optics and no fogging without being thermal. Plus the gold tint lens just looks cool.

See you on the field,
-Bill Mills

billmi
12-10-2001, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Chaos
lol... they originally were coming out with that goggle months ago, but it was an exact copy almost of the nVader, so then they made that.... I tryed it and hated the way it felt, and I dont like the way it looks either... JT Ownz the mask market, companies should learn that.

The picture in the post that started the thread is what the final DYE Invision looks like - and what the original prototypes looked like - they weren't a copy of the nVader.

See http://www.warpig.com/paintball/technical/goggles/invision/index.shtml for pictures of the Invision prototype from March 2001.

See you on the field,
-Bill Mills