PDA

View Full Version : Help me pick a frame!

AKBAR
09-27-2005, 10:56 AM
I am looking to purchase a mag soon from this man of tuna you guys love so much, but being new to mags and their parts in general I was hoping a few of you could point me in where to go. Basically looking at the intelliframe, chimera, or y-grip. Whichever one I wind up getting will be paired with a ULT kit and no trigger stops.

Intelli: AGD!

Chimera: Looks very cool, is it comfortable? Will it be easier to pull? I am going to be getting a drop that angles my tank up, will the vert feel give me trouble?

Y-grip: I've heard great things about how comfortable this thing is, are there any grips available for it? And again, is it easier to pull and will an angled upwards tank give me balance issues?

Thanks AO, I definately need to get an AO barrel condom when I buy my mag. You peeps are the best.

Automaggot68
09-27-2005, 11:03 AM
You have your choices of several mech frames..

Rogue's Frames(vert), Logic's Frames(vert), AGD's, (intelli, Z/Y-grip)
Among a few others, Benchmark/PTP,older DYe, etc...

Logic's, Rogue's, and of course the AGD intelliframe are all intelli-trgger ready, for your hopper needs.
The only difference between a Logic and a Rogue frame is simply aesthetics, they both do the same thing.

Soon, PTP will be releasing a Pneumatic frame for the mag, but those aren't readily availble, so I wont list them.

Or you have your choice of Newer/older electros.

Devil's Den (GADevil here on AO) makes a Vert Framed electro frame if you're willing to wait quite a long time, I've Heard. I've never used one, I've heard good things and bad things.

You can buy an old Hyperframe on the used BST forums here, they come with either a 13bps board, or a 20bps board. I've owned two, there's very nice in my experiences. Be sure to use a ULT though.

Then you have the New Logic UMF Frame, which will be ready in about a month or two, depending on TAG's board delays. From what I've seen, they're very nice. There's a link to them Here! (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=184177)

Editted for Z and y-grip.

Phantom_Mag
09-27-2005, 12:04 PM
I had a y grip! Thought i liked it when i had it, hated it once i got a 45. I never noticed how low my first shot was every single time untill i pulled up an intelli and shot strait. Y grips are confortable but for me it wasnt worth not pulling up and shooting with accuracy. Never any problems with trigger pull of mechanical settings.

I had a Vert frame! Simmilar problems but not as much. More comfortable then an intelli for some. Never any problems with my chimara mechanically.

I HAVE an Intelli and other 45 frames. By far the most accurate feel for gun pull up and shoot. Fisrt shot is always on, i dont have the shooting low problem. But this is not the situation for everyone, I have shot pistols my entire life and i believe that is why a 45 fits me best.

If i were to suggest buying a frame i would go with the intelli and an aftermarket RPG trigger, I like the splinter. These are just prefecnces, and this is why the market for paintball markers has grown as well. There is a style for everyone, some are similar and some are not. If you could you should test frames if you know anyone who has them around you. See if you can find what fits you best, if you can make sure you play and game with them, its differnt then just shooting a gun at a target.

Hope this helps,
Mike