PDA

View Full Version : sight rail mounting...

Hop Hop
12-06-2001, 03:02 PM
Hi all, I have a minimag... and just got a sight mount for it. The rail has a screw hole on top to bottom. and my minimag don't have any hole on it's body to screw in... how did you guys do it? what's the best way... if you have a picture of some kind that would be great !!!

Thanks every one..

Smokee_2_7
12-06-2001, 03:23 PM
Hop Hop, Any and all sight rails for a mag simply dont screw into the mainbody. the screw you describing is for a set screw. basiclly all this does is place some extra pressure between the rail and body, keeping the rail from sliding off. you just take the proper sized screw, put it in the sight rail hole, and screw it in 'till its nice and tight. no need to really torque it down. It just keeps the rail from sliding around.

Hope this helps.

Hop Hop
12-06-2001, 03:29 PM
oh.. thanks. But isn't that will scratch the gun's body? why didn't AGD put a mounting hole as an option?

TITAN
12-06-2001, 03:46 PM
for me i just took some string that was hanging offa rag and packed it inside the screw hole so when i tightened it the string would be between the body and the screw.

MAGalomania
12-06-2001, 09:30 PM
You don't really need to tighten that screw. Just a little is all you need. If you screw it in too much then your sight rail starts to lean forward at an angle which won't be good if you want to put a sight on it because you will be sighting lower than you should be.