PDA

View Full Version : E-Mag studder leaks down barrel when aired up...

NeoApollo
09-27-2005, 02:30 PM
Okay. I tired installing a level 10. No success. So I thought, "Oh well, I'll just put my level 7 back in, and play tomorrow anyway." Boy did I have a suprise. I replaced all the level 10 parts and put the level 7 stuff back on/in.

Well when I aired it up, everything was fine. I brought it to the chrono, I took it off safe, and the bolt just completely started going. It sounds like someone trying to shoot auto without enough pressure in their tank.

I'm completely sure I put -everything- from the level 7 back into the gun. I really need help with this. Thanks.

EDIT: I think I found the problem. I'm missing an o-ring that goes above the on/off valve. The smaller of the two that go there. Would that cause this?

Tunaman
09-27-2005, 04:04 PM
Yes that will cause it. You need 2 orings for the on/off hole. Make sure they are in there..Let me know if you cant get it going. ;)

NeoApollo
09-28-2005, 09:20 PM
Alright. well here's a related question. I lost the o-ring because the marker wouldn't shoot after I gassed it up. So I turned the tank on/off to off, and the gun was still pressured. I removed the bolt to release the pressure, but the on/off valve shot out of the bottom. Is it supposed to do this?

athomas
09-29-2005, 03:25 PM
There can be residual pressure in the valve, even after you degass the bottle. In some cases, the on-off will be forced out. This is normal. You have to be careful when removing the valve.

Tunaman
09-29-2005, 04:18 PM
Make sure to shoot all of the air out(as much as you can) then always pull the trigger back to push up the on/off pin...so you can get the valve out.

NeoApollo
09-29-2005, 09:36 PM
Ooo, awesome advice Tunaman. I wouldn't have made the connection to hold the trigger down.