PDA

View Full Version : chronoing and x-valve.

wanna-b-ballin'
09-28-2005, 09:48 PM
i read somewhere a while back that you have to hold down the trigger while changing the velocity. is this true?
i want to spend a minimal time at the chrono this saturday with my new toy, and a maximum amount of time on the field.

athomas
09-29-2005, 03:21 PM
You can adjust the velocity with the gun at rest. Shoot two or three shots to allow the regulator output to be regulated to the new setting. The proper chrono procedure calls for holding the trigger, releasing it, and then quickly pulling the trigger. This simulates rapid firing and allows for "hot" shots due to heated air in the chamber. On most mags with the level 10, its not as much of an issue as it used to be with the level 7. I never had a problem with it myself. Most people only experience a change of less than 10fps anyway. If you chrono your mag for 280fps, you should be safe under 300 fps in all conditions.

Arstron
09-29-2005, 05:28 PM
With that valve you should be fine with single shots, I usualy had at the most +/- 8 fps with that valve. Glad to know you got it, let me know how it does this weekend. :D

wanna-b-ballin'
09-29-2005, 05:34 PM
actually i havent got it yet. from looking at the tracking, i figured it would be here today.
well its the mail man instead of the usual mail ladythat delivered today. i hate the mail man, he is the one who delivers mail when i am supposed to get a package, and then i get it the next day. its all his fault. and i had my hopes up all day today. oh well
it should be here tomorrow then :D

Arstron
09-29-2005, 05:45 PM
Oh that sucks, hopefully you will have it tomorrow. Either way I gota have some pics. ;)

wanna-b-ballin'
09-29-2005, 06:19 PM
yeah, i'll see if i can put together pics of the life of my mag. it started out pretty much what i traded you. if i get a ULE body, i will have built a completely different gun.