PDA

View Full Version : X-Mag in tournament

wageslave
09-29-2005, 12:11 AM
Well it looks like I'll be taking my X-Mag to my first ever tournament (I'm too old and too slow, but what the hell). I'll get right to the point... I've taken out my trigger rod so I can't use hybrid mode, but that is clearly going to make my chrono innaccurate. I seriously doubt that any of the refs for the tourney (just a little local thing) will have any idea what kind of gun I have, much less how to properly chrono the thing. I was thinking of just setting it up to shoot at something like 280, assuming that it would creep up to about 290-295 during rapid fire. Is that about right? Should I just put the rod back in and hope they don't have a problem with it?

Also, any other tips or hints regarding an X-Mag for tounament use would be greatly appreciated, unless your "tip" is to tell me not to use it. ;)

Thanks

VFX_Fenix
09-29-2005, 12:50 AM
In my experience the difference is around 10 - 15 fps between when I chrono in the prescribed manner vs. just shooting over the chrono. Removing your trigger rod isn't a bad idea, though the tournaments I've been in haven't cared that I can enter into hybrid mode, not that I do or make a big deal that I can, but I've asked NPPL refs and they didn't have a problem with having the selector switch.

Carbon
09-29-2005, 12:57 AM
local tourney, they wont check for it.

put the rod back in, chrono as nomal and play in e mode.

I find if you put an small oring between the body and the selector switch, it puts more than enough friction to prevent accidental flipping of the switch. A LX oring works great.

remove the swicth, place the oring betwwen the switch and then replace it.

good luck out there.

Skoad
09-29-2005, 01:17 AM
I think he took the trigger rod out to prevent 'reactivity' since there is no lock for the switch to hybrid.

If you get there early enough chrono it with the rod in doing the correct rt valve way, then simply take it out after chronoing. Then when you have the official chrono, you won't have to worry about it.

mixwell2
09-29-2005, 02:01 AM
i have used my xmag in local tourneys and in PSP/NPPL. I have never had a problem with the selector switch being a issue. I remeber there was talk when the emag came out up to about two or three years ago that in order for the emag/xmag to be legal you had to remove the trigger rod. Since then I have heard nothing. I did not play NPPL/PSP this season so the rules may have changed

Besides i think they have alot more to worry about than mag's in hybrid mode.

Good luck...

P.s. hopefully someone from AGD Pride or another mag team will read this and give you a for sure answer.

Army
09-29-2005, 02:13 AM
That's the best "safe mode" for tourney's. Just make sure the battery has a full charge, or keep the car plug handy all day.

nastymag
09-29-2005, 02:20 AM
i honestly dont think they will check, just chrono in at 285-90, you will be fine.
if its local that is.

BigEvil
09-29-2005, 07:47 AM
You could also just back the rod off a little so that even if you did get some bounce it would be as bad.... or lower your air input so that the trigger just doesnt bounce at all.