PDA

View Full Version : worth the $160?

mag88888
09-29-2005, 02:49 PM
i have a deal for a spyder electro esp frame with IS board, 25 gram switch, blade trigger with 2 stops, modified sear from some guy on PBN. comes with a mag am/mm rail and 15 degree foregrip. do you guys think its worth $160 altogether?

TheTramp
09-29-2005, 02:52 PM
If it has eyes then yes if not then no IMHO

BD_Paintball
09-29-2005, 02:59 PM
i will agree with TheTramp. if there are not eyes then no way would i put that on my gun

mag88888
09-29-2005, 03:00 PM
no its not the whole gun. he was just trying to sell me the frame, rail, and foregrip. but he claims that this spyder frame will only work with am/mm rails, which i dont understand. it wont work with my rail from my ule custom?

BD_Paintball
09-29-2005, 03:02 PM
but does the frame/board have eyes

TheTramp
09-29-2005, 03:05 PM
Oh I see. You want to make a spyder-mag. Hmmm.... I guess it would cost more than that to get all the parts seperatly so it's a deal.

Just make sure you have the know-how to make the project work before investing the $. I'd think knowing if a specific rail was required would be part of that. Not trying to be mean just saying.

TheTramp
09-29-2005, 03:06 PM
but does the frame/board have eyes

In the end that's a cheap add on that you don't need till you've drilled your body which you might not even do if you trust the L10.

mag88888
09-29-2005, 03:19 PM
it comes with eyes that go with the board incase i ever want to drill my ule body for eyes. as of right now i trut the level 10 though. i cant remember who commented on the rail thing but anyways. i just always thought that the rt ule rail worked with spyder frames. i just heard from this kid that i needed an am/mm rail for it to work. im wondering is that true?

Pullman
09-29-2005, 03:25 PM
I think the reason it has to be the AM/MM rail is because the RTP rail is thicker than a straight AM/MM rail. If you need everything to line up a certain way, which I am sure you would sticking a spyder frame onto a mag, then it is gonna be best to do it the way the guy says. Otherwise you'll be dinking with it for days. This is just a guess as I have never put a spyder frame on a mag.

Asym
09-29-2005, 03:35 PM
Most of the spydermags were done with modified sears, if this is one of them it most likely has a am/mm moded sear. You could use a RT ULE rail but you would have to mod a sear to work with that frame which means cutting a RT sear and possibly welding.

TheTramp
09-29-2005, 04:17 PM
I think that's right. The reason they are done with the AM/MM rail is due to the sear.

After reading the details I think it's worth it if you want to go the SpyderMag route.

paintballfreak90
09-29-2005, 04:28 PM
Most of the spydermags were done with modified sears, if this is one of them it most likely has a am/mm moded sear. You could use a RT ULE rail but you would have to mod a sear to work with that frame which means cutting a RT sear and possibly welding.

Hey guys i am the seller of this :p and yes Asym is correct, you need the am/mm rail only because the sear that has been modified will only work on a am/mm rail not a RT ULE rail.

I also do have the eyes, just like he said i did.

Ask anymore questions that you might have and ill be happy to answer them.

-Brad

Arstron
09-29-2005, 07:43 PM
If you wanted to use your RT rail, you could have somone modify your RT sear to work with the spydermag. Alot of people that do it that way have a spot welded on their automag sear so a modified spyder sear can work with it better. I still like the other way of doing a spydermag, even if it isnt as popular. :D