PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!! Where can I ship a nitrogen tank??

beachboy016
12-06-2001, 05:51 PM
I took all the pressure out of my tank and brought it to a local AIM mail center to have them ship it and they said they couldn't. Where can I ship it? Is it alright to just package it myself and bring it and have them ship it? Just want to make sure it is legal and I don't need a license to ship it.
Thanks
-Jeff

Tunaman
12-06-2001, 05:53 PM
Make sure its empty, put it in a box and take it to the Post office. Priority mail is the BEST.

Puddleglum
12-06-2001, 06:51 PM
What is AIM? USPS will ship anything Hehe.
And you shouldn't have any problems.

MikeCouves
12-06-2001, 06:57 PM
Yeah man what the hell is AIM? Lol, just use USPS, they will do it for you. And you can choose from a bunch of different types of shipping.

DrEvil
12-07-2001, 01:56 AM
Im gonna have to disagree. Go UPS ground. With all this Anthrax freakin out all around, the post office is moving extra slow. I could take up to 35 days to get to its destination. And thats no shtuff. I dont know what AIM is, doesnt really matter, dont go there next time. Empty it, box it, and go to UPS and let us ship it. How do you think it got to the store where you got it? I guarantee it wsnt the Post Office. I just got my nitro tank last week. UPS brought it to me. Trust me dude.

cphilip
12-07-2001, 08:31 AM
Well I disagree with you DrEvil and agree with tuna on this one. Priority Mail is the best, fastest and cheapest for smaller items. Make sure its empty and you will be legal to ship it any way it ends up going. I ahve shipped and recieved over 50 items in the past 6 months. Many after the Sept 11th incident. Including five tanks. All USPS Priority tracked. All delivered in four days or less. All safely and soundly. The tracking for 40 cents is the best deal out there as well. And the base price of $3.50 is a deal. Most tanks can be shipped with insurance for about $6.

beachboy016
12-07-2001, 09:47 AM
So for priority mail it should only be about 10 buck to ship a 110 ci tank??

cphilip
12-07-2001, 09:50 AM
Yep! And that figure probably would include insurance for say $200 and the Delivery Confirmation.