PDA

View Full Version : Leak problem on RPG

BerSerK
09-29-2005, 05:44 PM
Hi,

I just got my RPG from rogue, it's working fine but a have a small leak, I hope someone can help me with this.

There's 2 little holes on the valve, one on top and one on the left side, my leak comes from the left one, what could cause this ?

Thanks

Dayspring
09-29-2005, 08:53 PM
Grease the orings on the reg pin.

Take some Dow 33 and some paintball gun oil (I prefer KC) and make a mixture. Put that on the reg pin assembly. Give that a shot. If it still leaks, you need to replace the pin.

BerSerK
09-30-2005, 07:27 AM
before trying what you said I put 5 drops of oil in the ASA and shot the marker a few times, no leak, played with the velocity, no leak either...I'll rechrono this afternoon and let you know if everything is fine.

thanks for the tip ;)

BerSerK
09-30-2005, 11:53 AM
I tried to chrono it and the leak is still there. :(

I'll try what you said tonight, is anybody has any other suggestion, post please.

Thanks

athomas
09-30-2005, 12:07 PM
Leaking out the side is usually an indication of a piece of dirt or damage in the oring around the regulator piston assembly. Clean the valve back and oring. If you have a new oring, replace it.

BerSerK
09-30-2005, 12:15 PM
Grease the orings on the reg pin.

Take some Dow 33 and some paintball gun oil (I prefer KC) and make a mixture. Put that on the reg pin assembly. Give that a shot. If it still leaks, you need to replace the pin.

just to be sure, the reg pin is that part : http://store.airgun.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=115&categoryID=23

Dayspring
09-30-2005, 12:30 PM
That's the one.

TMAXXKING1
09-30-2005, 12:59 PM
email rogue he will call you and talk you through it ..

RogueFactor@earthlink.net

one of the best customer service people in the paintball world.. :cheers:

ps both dayspring and athomas know what there talking about . :headbang:

BerSerK
09-30-2005, 01:09 PM
I sent a PM to Rogue, I'm waiting for his answer. I prefer written instructions since I'm french and I don't practice my oral english very often so I'm always looking for words and such...I'd love to be really bilingual...

I'll keep you posted as I work on the leak.

Thanks all!

Maggot6
09-30-2005, 03:07 PM
Ha, my grade nine french education is probably comparable to your english then,...

Good luck with your leak, Rogue is awesome for pretty well everything, so you shouldn't have a problem.

BerSerK
09-30-2005, 05:55 PM
I tried and no luck, that leak is still there and I noticed another thing when a pull trigger really slowly I can hear air getting out, if I release it stops...WTH is going on ? :cry:

athomas
09-30-2005, 09:38 PM
When you gently pull the trigger, the downward movement of the sear causes the bolt to move just slightly. This may expose the vent hole which releases air from the chamber. Remove a level 10 shim or two and it should go away.

BerSerK
10-09-2005, 07:15 PM
ok guys here's what I have done.

I checked the reg pin, cleaned it the best I could and oiled everything when I put it back together.

Then I followed the level 10 tuning tutorial from thealphamag.com, so I ended up with the same carrier but one additional shim in the powertube and I switched to the red spring which seems to be more gentle with paint.

The leak problem seems to be fine now, there's some venting from time to time but it's not constant like it was before.

what do you guys think ?

thanks

Narizo
10-11-2005, 11:23 AM
I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but make sure you feild strip screw is really tight, like i said i don't know if this is related but I had a problem with leaking and when i would just ever so slightly pull the trigger it would stop, i don't know if thats what you were experiencing but when i tightened it all the way it got rid of my problem.

Hope this helps and if not,

Sorry and good luck!

BerSerK
10-11-2005, 12:00 PM
Rogue is sending me a new reg pin, we'll see when I get it.

My field strip screw is tight enough, thanks for the hint. ;)

BerSerK
10-21-2005, 07:08 AM
I received the new reg pin assembly, installed it last night and it seems to stop the leak. I dried fire and played with the velocity adjuster and I didn't hear anything.

I have a game sunday, I'll let you know how it turns out.

Thumbs up for Rogue support! ;)

BerSerK
10-26-2005, 01:52 PM
well sadly the new reg pin did not fix the problem totally so I sent my whole valve assembly to Rogue. I'll post here when he discovers the truth.

my thread might sound a bit boring but I keep it updated because I think it could be useful in the future for references.